Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Paid Teacher In Thailand

Thanks Geovisions!

Like most recent college graduates, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I graduated. While all my friends were applying for "real jobs", I decided to take the less traditional route and move to Thailand.
When deciding what program I should go through, I just googled "teach abroad in Thailand", applied to about five programs, and crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Geovisions was the first program to get back to me and after speaking to them on the phone I was sold. They help you with literally everything and answer any questions that you may have at any time. I still feel super well taken care of even though I'm currently half way across the country.
The first month of the program was spent in Hua Hin completing a TESOL course and cultural orientation. I highly recommend taking the TESOL course in person rather than online. There are three other foreign teachers at my school and let's just say that I was the most prepared in terms of what to expect out of Thai schools. Completing the TESOL course in person also gives you a really strong support system of people who get what you're going through. It's such a reassuring feeling to know that at the end of a really bad (or good!) day, you have a group of people who you can reach out to, vent about your frustrations, or just have a normal conversation with in English. It also makes traveling cheaper because you have plenty of people you can stay with all around Thailand.
Thinking back on my experience, I wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way. Geovisions really helps you out with everything and I'm so happy that I went through them :)

Best Decision Ever

I know it sounds cliché but this was truly one of the best decisions I've made so far. This has been the most challenging, rewarding, and eye-opening experience and I've loved every second of it. There are definitely times where things were a little bumpy, but they were just that. A LITTLE bumpy. However I have a great support network, and there are tons of people I know I can reach out to if anything were to go wrong. Geovisions made the process leading up to getting to Thailand as smooth as possible and they put up with all my silly questions graciously and put my mind at ease. I recommend to anyone that wants a new experience that they just go for it. I don't mean to make moving to a foreign country and starting a new life sound like a breeze because it is by no means a job for the faint hearted, but if you're up for a challenge I promise you wont regret it.

Take it easy and do it!

I would say to take it easy and not have expectations. The Thais are very laid-back and last minute with their planning, so it would be difficult to feel comfortable if you must have every hour planned out every day.

• Teacher Support

One year teaching in Thailand, and I love it more every day!

The title says it all, I've been teaching in Northeastern Thailand for a year, and every day it seems like it just keeps getting better and better.

There are lots of challenges of course, especially when you first start teaching at your school, but that should be expected. I teach at a public high school, and everyone at the school loves my girlfriend and I. Our hours are very fair, and we get paid enough to live comfortably in Thailand.

Geovisions always answered all of our questions promptly, helped us get all of our visa paperwork sorted, and got us connected with an awesome TESOL agency in Hua Hin, called Xploreasia.

My girlfriend and I were a little nervous putting our faith in a company we read about on the internet, but we got our TESOL degree, some volunteer experience, and a job within 50 days of being in Thailand.

This program far exceeds all my expectations, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is ready for this kind of adventure.

Thank You, GeoVisions!

I've been a teacher in northeastern Thailand for just over a month now and I LOVE it. This has been an amazing experience and I can't wait to see what the next months hold in store. I'm so happy that I went through GeoVisions because the application process was extremely transparent, took only a couple weeks (wow!) and they've provided continual support and the timeliest responses to every one of my questions. Moving abroad is a big decision and I feel so much better knowing that there is a team of people that I can count on whenever I have any questions or issues. I would absolutely recommend teaching abroad, it's unlike anything else.

• The School/Placement

Teach English in Thailand!

The whole experience made me speechless. I didn't know what to expect coming in, and it was everything I could of hoped for and more. From day one, you meet some really amazing people all on the same boat as you- looking for a change, learning a new culture, trying to leave their comfort zone..etc. Geovisions was always there if I needed any help with visas, any advice from prior participants, and pretty much just making sure I was 100% prepared before I took off to Thailand. This was hands down one of the best decision's I have made. The Thai people are some of the kindest, optimistic, selfless people. Teaching these beautiful kids everyday and bringing happiness to their lives was one of the most rewarding feeling's. If I could, I would do it all over again.

Overall great experience!!

I am currently teaching in Thailand and I am loving the experience here. GeoVisions helped me out immensely with the whole process. Going to live and work in another country can be quite daunting, but with their guidance and support, I was able to get everything in order. Especially Jodi was always just a phone call or email away if I had any questions or concerns. They made sure that I would be legal, safe and happy in my new home.

• The School/Placement

Enjoy The Ride And SMILE!

I was about to graduate college and I HAD no IDEA what to do with my life. There was the whole grad school business, apparently my 4 year degree is meaningless in today’s economy. Society pressured me to apply to grad school and everybody wanted to know what my next move was going to be. I didn't know and they sure liked to pretend like they knew but we all know that they didn't know. And, truth is, I don’t really want to go to grad school... right now. I was in my room googling WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY LIFE and, the inevitable happened… YES, I had an outer-space-revelation. I looked at my world map and realized that all I've ever wanted to do is to... yes, TRAVEL!!! The best part— no experience required. It was mid-January, and, like many people out there: I was freaking out about the rest of my life. Most my friends were pursuing grad school, marriage and talking about things that didn't interest me. And, soon enough, February came along and brought more confusion to my life. I knew I wanted to travel... but where? I contacted a friend who was a Teacher in Thailand. She informed me about Geovisions and I found myself reading and re-reading blogs of people who lived in foreign lands. I fell in love with their adventure and I wanted some sort of adventure in my life. I've never been much of a phone person but decided to call Geovisions.... best decision of my life. I talked to Christopher LeGrant for approximately 40 minutes. About what? You may ask. About life! And, soon enough I was working 3 jobs to pay for my trip. Costly but worth it. Geovisions introduced me to Jodi and she became my e-mail pal. She cares about where I go, what I do and I update her with news. She always gets excited when I send her pictures and I am excited that someone on the other side of the world cares. What I love about Geovisions is that they are always there for me. They answer my silly questions. Their partner, Xplore Asia became my family here in Thailand. I completed my TESOL course in September and I feel equipped to teach English anywhere in the world. August came along and I flew across the world to start my new life in Thailand. I am currently sitting in my balcony watching a sweet lady make pad-thai noodles while listening to Thai music. I don't understand much but... I love where I am in life. I am happy. My school is 5 minutes away from my apartment. I wish I could teleport myself and say: "it is going to be ok. You will find purpose and you will fall in love with Thailand. Enjoy the ride and smile!"

Ohhh Macarena!

I am writing this review while the program is currently underway.

I am currently writing this review from my new desk! Yup, I start my new job today- in BKK! My first real job is in Bangkok, it sounds so great, doesn't it?

I have grown very fond of Hua Hin, it is a very good place to live. Very small, yet you can pretty much find everything you need to find. The street markets are def my favorite part and all the friends I made! I took Muay Thai Boxing for 3 weeks and the trainers were quality trainers.

The English camp was seriously one of the highlights of my life. The kids were so happy and excited. We played a bunch of games (red, green, yellow light) and every time I would run out of ideas, we would just do the "macarena"--thank you, to whoever created such great/easy dance moves.

So now, I will be finding an apartment here in BKK! I have to re-write what I just wrote because it sounds crazy. I am gonna be finding an apartment in a ginormous city! AHHH, i love the sound of it!

I have also learned that ambiguity is my new best friend.

This program is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. I highly recommend people give it a try.

After Two Months I Feel Like I've Been Here For Years

I am currently on the Teach English in Thailand program with GeoVisions. I have been here two months, yet it also feels like I've been here for years. Everything here is going great. The locals are quite kind, and my coworkers and neighbors are taking good care of me. I almost never pay for dinner; someone is always at my doorstep with more food. Teaching was tough at first, but it's getting easier every week.

From my first day in Thailand, Michael, the head of your office in Thailand, has been in close touch with me. I only stayed in Hua Hin for orientation, not the full TESOL course as the others. But the amount of professionalism the staff in Hua Hin displayed in this short week was quite impressive.

I arrived in Hua Hin on Monday. By Wednesday, I was on the phone with an agent about an open teaching position. Saturday morning, I was taken to a bus station where my transportation was arranged, and then I was driven to where I've been for the past six weeks.

During my five days of orientation, we visited an elephant sanctuary, a local temple, took a Thai cooking lesson, had a barbecue on the beach, and learned some basics of the language and history. Michael and his teammates are very passionate about their work. I have three phone numbers I can call at any time if a problem ever arises. The culture shock upon my arrival, I admit, was overwhelming, but these guys did an incredible job of making me feel welcome.

Best Decision Of My Life

From the day I contacted GeoVisions to inquire about the possibility of teaching in Thailand I was impressed by their service. Within 24 hours I received a telephone call, where the staff answered any questions I may of had. I was worried that GeoVisions could of been a scam as there are so many companies which offer a similar service that are. But these fears were erased when I payed my deposit and the wheels were set in motion. I received informative information and I was relaxed by the time I left for Thailand. I must say this is the best decision of my life and I can't thank the staff at Geovisions enough for their guidance and help along the way.

I Am Still In Thailand And Loving It

I am still on the program, in Thailand. But saw that I could leave a review.

Suphanburi is such a cute town! I'm considering staying with my school longer than my original agreement. There is a few schools in my area so all the teachers stay at the same apartment building, Yoo Dee Mee Sook. There are 4 teachers altogether on my side of the school and they have an EP program on the other side of the school where there are another 8 teachers. Unfortunately, allllll the teachers I have met have already been here over a year and leave this October. So I'm hoping the new teachers placed here are ones that went through Geoviosions, as Cara and Emily were awesome! I hope they are loving their towns as much as I am. I talk to Emily here and there and we are going to try and meet up soon. You picked some great girls to go through your program, for sure :)

I highly recommend this program.

Better Than I Could Have Hoped For

I'm in Lopburi-(north of Bangkok)-and it's a better situation than I could have hoped for. I'm on my second day of teaching-(I have free period now. I'm in the computer room with some of the gifted students).

The last 2-days have been the best since arriving in Thailand. The students are all so courteous, respectfull-always saying-"teacher, teacher" - coming up to me asking my name, how Im doing. They are the BEST!!! They are so happy and grateful, and just satisfied with a simple smile or nod of approval. They sing a song to me at the beginning and end of each class-regardless of age, level in school (kintergarden-high school), they always greet me and are always eager to learn.

The staff/faculty are extremely friendly and accommodating. They have embraced me and I feel very welcome and taken care of. I'm very pleased with my accommodations.

Things are going better than ever. This is an amazing program.

Life changing!

In one week, we have become a family; our curiosities, secrets, motives, and desires have served as catalysts to bonds typically reserved for months of interaction. With this family, I have experienced blessing by a Buddhist monk at the Khao Tao temple and received a fortune reading. I have fed, hugged, and played with elephants. I have bagged food for over 2,000 rescued dogs. I have cooked Pad Thai and spring rolls. I have eaten deep fried frog. I have had wordless conversations. I have been waved at by school children. I have been clapped at for taking my shoes off as I enter a building. I have been smiled at as I bowed for the King passing by. I have trekked the beach at night. I have divulged my life to strangers.

I have a travel blog about this experience, and have written somewhat extensively about everything on the Teach in Thailand program in the last 4 posts.

• The School/Placement

Amazing Experience And Very Helpful Assistance.

Geovisions did an amazing job answering my questions promptly and getting me all in the information I needed. I could get ahold of their staff within a few minutes, seemingly 24 hours a day. When I had questions for their partner, Xploreasia, I was put in touch with them and had my questions answered quickly.

I am currently doing the TESOL training and my teacher, Jaco, has years of experience and is not only an amazing teacher but a genuinely positive human. Mike Volpe is running the program here in Thailand and could not be more helpful, we spoke on Skype several times before my departure and he clarified everything I needed to understand about the program.

I have received everything I was promised, and more, and cannot speak highly enough about the Geovisions staff, the Xplore asia staff, Hua Hin (where the TESOL training takes place), Thailand as a country and the people here, everything is more perfect than I could have dreamed of.

Wether or not you believe in destiny, there is a reason you are reading this in this moment, let it be to lead you on the adventure of your life. Sign up through Geovisions to teach, and for the TESOL training with Xploreasia. You won't be disappointed.

PS. I have never written a review of anything on the internet before. But the quality of service with Geovisions and Xplore asia has been so good I had to write this review.

An Amazing, Indescribable, And Beautiful Experience

My experience with the Teach in Thailand program has been incredible. No matter how prepared you may think you are, there will always be bumps in the road. This is just the way it is and I have been so happy to have Geovisions and their partner Xplroeasia to support me during my transition into my new home. All things considered, it is really amazing how easy my move to Thailand has been!

The experience is absolutely mindblowing. Thailand is incredibly beautiful and the people are so nice, so nice that you will never want to leave this enchanting place. If you want to make a difference in a group of children's live and also discover what it is like to immerse in another culture, than this program is perfect for you. I have already changed so much in the short time I have been here, and I have Geovisions to thank for that.

Amazing Thailand Experience

I had an amazing experience in Thailand with GeoVisions. I think that it was half luck. I got placed at a really amazing school in an English program where I was able to work with the same ten kids all day every day. It was really rewarding. The kids learned a lot, and the other teachers and administrators at my school were very kind and helpful despite the language barrier. GeoVisions' partner in Thailand was also helpful throughout the semester. They were available to answer questions and provide support and even made a trip to Chanthaburi to check out my school since it was the first time that they had placed anyone there.

The main suggestion that I have for improvement:
During orientation, I was placed in the Elementary level group which mainly discussed activities that were appropriate for 7-10 year olds. My students were 3, turning 4. So, I was not able to use most of what was discussed in orientation.

Working with GeoVisions was enjoyable and the staff were professional and helpful. I hope this program continues to grow in the future.

My Experience In Thailand Could Not Have Been Better

I cannot thank GeoVisions enough for helping create such a perfect experience. GeoVisions was even able to place a friend in the same town. It was a magical combination of being in a totally foreign culture and sharing it with a friend. That will forever be an unforgettable memory.

My school and town, Anukoolnaree School in Kalasin, was amazing. The staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful. The town was a very comfortable size and we were truly immersed in the culture. Isan (the northeast region) is not a destination on many (if any) tourist maps and thus we were in the true Thailand culture. I loved the unique experience I received and saw that it was drastically different from my friends who were stationed elsewhere in the country.

Orientation was beneficial and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has never been to Thailand and/or doesn't have any teaching expererience. Having already been to Thailand, the culture/language portions of the orientation were very basic but I could easily see how beneficial they were for first timers. One suggestion I can make is to have different levels of language courses/more teaching seminars available for those who have previous experience in these areas so that they do not feel like they are wasting time.

As far as the application process, it was so easy. I sincerely appreciated how available the was at GeoVisions and how quickly they responded to me on issues of any size.

• Teacher Support

Geovisions is the top pick of programs for teaching abroad!

Geovisions was friendly, informative, and helpful from the very beginning. They were also very patient with my many questions, and were available via phone and email. My boyfriend and I applied together and we were successfully placed together, something that we made clear from the beginning was very important to us. Our experience in Thailand has been wonderful. There are of course hiccups along the way, but that is how you learn and grow. Throughout my experience, I have never felt alone- I knew Geovisions and XploreAsia were always available to help me with whatever I needed. I highly recommend Geovisions and teaching in Thailand to anyone!

Very Helpful!

Throughout my whole teach abroad experience, Geovisions and Xplore Asia have been very helpful to me. From the logistics of getting a visa to integrating into a new culture, they were extremely knowledgable about the entire process. I am very happy that I went through Geovisions because without them I don't think I would have known how to even begin to start living in a different country. Jodi especially was an amazing resource for me. She was always available and willing to talk about any questions or concerns I might have had. This was my first experience living and working abroad and I really couldn't have done it (properly) with out Geovisions or Xplore Asia.

No expectations

This is a great program. You must go with no expectations. You will likely get something completely different, but exactly what you need.

The team did a great job preparing me for my time in the classroom and helping me feel confident to go out into my own city in Thailand. It is an experience of a lifetime!

Teaching Public High School in Thailand

Firstly, before I say anything else about my experience, I think it's really important to note that one's experience teaching in Thailand is heavily dependent upon 1) what school one is placed in, 2) the quality of the agent representing you and 3) your honest, deep-down reasons for choosing to teach abroad. Providers like GeoVisions and XploreAsia (who they connect you with for training and placement in Thailand) don't have much control over where you are placed, so my feelings about my placement shouldn't be thought of as their doing. My boyfriend and I were placed in a public high school in Amphawa, Thailand, a very small town that rarely sees English-speakers. I taught grades 10-12 (M 4-6 in Thailand), and most of my students had a very low proficiency in English, despite having had years of English from Thai teachers. The experience was hugely challenging, and it took at least a month before I felt truly comfortable and like it was enjoyable. GeoVisions was fantastic in the support they provided and the promptness with which they helped us out, every time. XploreAsia also was easy to work with and very helpful, both regarding matters in the classroom and in life in Thailand in general. They leave you with very little to no choice in where you are placed, however, so that's just something to be aware of if one chooses to go through XploreAsia. My boyfriend and I really didn't mind this, as our minds and hearts were open as to where we would be teaching, but it's just something to consider for those who feel strongly about a specific destination. We loved our agent- she was extremely helpful, friendly and made us feel really welcome in Thailand, and our accommodation was fantastic- our landlady and her family are the people we miss most from this experience. We both loved our time in Thailand, but it's also what you make it. If you just go for yourself and your own needs, you may find the challenges too hard to overcome- but if you go to make a difference and to change kids' lives, I'm sure you will love the experience as much as I did.

Adventures in Thailand

Being in Thailand has definitely been quite the experience! I will tell you, it was definitely not love at first sight haha. It had taken me a bit of time to adjust to everything: the different climate, culture, and overall way of life... but in the end, I wouldn't trade my experience for the world! I have met so many new friends, seen some of the most amazing views, and learned a whole lot about myself, and life along the way.

• Teacher Support

The true way to experience another culture!

Having never been out of the country, I decided to sing up to teach English in Thailand so I could not only have the opportunity to visit another country, but to learn about it. This was the perfect experience for that! It was just the right amount of time to get a wonderful feel for the Thai culture and to try my best to embrace it. I was able to learn Thai dancing at work and go to celebrations almost every week that helped teach me about Thailand. It also gave me time to get to know my coworkers and other Thai friends really well! It was also really neat to learn about Buddhism first-hand! It was a wonderful experience, but rough at the same time. It challenged me in ways I never thought I would be challenged. I would not take back the experience for anything. However, I would have liked to be more prepared for the program. I was not connected to the program I would be traveling with until 2 weeks before the start date. The teacher preparation in training and at the school was lacking as well. It was very difficult to teach 1,000 students of all different levels with no resources given. Despite these circumstances, it really taught me lessons in patience and going with the flow!

Sukhothai, Thailand

My overall experience in Thailand was wonderful. There was a period of culture shock and working with Thai people is very different than working in Western countries. I lived in a relatively small town in Thailand and worked at a poor public school. I taught large classes, and although the students could be a bit crazy at times, they made showing up every day worth it! It was amazing to see some of the progress these first and second grade students made in such a short time. It was hard work but very rewarding! Living in Thailand was fantastic, it doesn't take long to get your bearings and to feel safe and comfortable. The food and people in my town were great and I already miss them dearly! I would highly recommend this experience to anyone who wished to see the real Thailand!