63 Whitfield Street On The Historic Guilford Green Guilford, CT 06437 United States
2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Please contact GeoVisions for dates.
Spend your summer volunteering abroad at a summer camp in Italy! Work to teach English language skills and tutor those in need of help as you embrace the beautiful culture of Italy. This unique program allows you to travel around Italy and explore the country and culture in depth on the weekends, making the most of your free time. All you need to do is volunteer just 20 hours a week, Monday thru Friday tutoring English to an Italian summer camp and provide a fun and creative learning environment.
This is a great program for people who want to experience life in Italy and the Italian culture in-depth. At the same time, you will meet people from around the world and create amazing memories.
The Need: Volunteer 20 hours tutoring conversational English to summer campers. Tutor through games, sports and songs. Tutors learn games and songs during the orientation days. The campers are ages 6-14. Most of them will have a very limited knowledge of English, therefore body language and dynamic activities will be important.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Sharing your language with the language camp 15 to 20 hours a week Monday to Friday.
* Using GeoVisions' Bag of Tricks, provide creative, fun and informative language sessions.
* Be on time for camp.
* Manage your own personal expenses (telephone bills, clothing, entertainment and spending money).
* Travel for less.
* You put in a few hours each day literally talking, and the rest of your time is spent traveling and experiencing the culture in depth.
* Enhance your resume by volunteering as a Conversation Partner. Job: "Private Language Tutor." References: Global. It just doesn't get any better than that.
* Exclusive materials written by GeoVisions staff will give you "a bag of tricks", as well as materials given at orientation in Italy.
* Join our Facebook Fan page and begin the conversation now. And when you come back, our Returnee network is a great place to share your experiences.
Summer Camp tutors must be native English speakers. They need to have earned a high school (secondary school) diploma or certificate, be in good health. Placements are limited and can be made for either 4 weeks or 8 weeks during the summer.
Please visit our website for current pricing.
* Personalized Volunteer Placement in a shared apartment through our Partner in Italy, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
* A comfortable, safe place to live in Italy, including two meals per day.
* An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Italy.
* Airport pickup (in Rome).
* Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
* Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
* Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
* A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
* Our own text book, A Tutor's Guide--Teaching English To Families and Children.
* Premium online membership at the ESL-Lounge.
* The President's Volunteer Service Award.
American, Australian, Canadian and Kiwi Participants.
GeoVisions is committed to help individuals develop global skills to succeed in the twenty-first century. These skills will ultimately lead to greater cooperation and understanding among nations and peoples of the world. We are committed to treating every person on a GeoVisions program with respect, and devoting our energies to helping participants meet their individual and collective goals.
I just returned from my GeoVisions volunteer vacation in Costa Rica. What an experience! I was excited to be able to work in the Jardin Botanico Lankester where they have more varieties of orchid...More
Did you participate on a program with GeoVisions?
Share your thoughts!