63 Whitfield Street On The Historic Guilford Green Guilford, CT 06437 United States
South Africa: Pretoria
Typical Duration of Program
This once in a lifetime, hands on experience working with Cheetahs program is a very unique opportunity to be incredibly involved in research and conservation. This cheetah project is located approximately 275 miles from Pretoria, South Africa. The goal of the project is to create a safe environment for cheetahs, lions, and leopards, as well as many other animals. The project has established a new conservation reserve for all wildlife in the area and have re-introducted lions to the area after the success with the cheetahs. There are leopard and hyena research projects conducted here as well. This is a very hands on project where participants are vital in assisting.
Volunteer activities may include:
* Tracking and monitoring of cheetahs and other animals.
* Collaring projects for monitoring.
* Game capturing, management and relocating.
* Vegetation management.
* Reserve managements and maintenance, such as fence monitoring poaching prevention.
* Community education involvement and awareness.
What you get for your program fee:
* Personalized Volunteer Placement with our Partner in South Africa, based on your skills and interests, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
* A comfortable, safe place to live in South Africa, the basic amenities, 3 meals per day at the project, and transportation from the airport to your placements and programs.
* An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in South Africa.
* In-country basic language assistance, if needed.
Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
* Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance, applicable to GeoVisions' participants worldwide.
* Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
* Country-based airport transportation.
* A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
18+ and in good health
Please visit our website for current pricing.
GeoVisions is committed to help individuals develop global skills to succeed in the twenty-first century. These skills will ultimately lead to greater cooperation and understanding among nations and peoples of the world. We are committed to treating every person on a GeoVisions program with respect, and devoting our energies to helping participants meet their individual and collective goals.
The whole Umkwali experience exceeded my expectations. I expected someone to show me a tame cheetah or maybe see a few animals I have dreamed of seeing from afar. What I got was hands-on tracking a...More
Did you participate on a program with GeoVisions?
Share your thoughts!