Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Camp Counselor In Zululand South Africa

I could have stayed forever on that program. I loved it

This was a totally incredible experience. Three weeks seemed like the right amount of time for the program and I found it online. The three weeks were well filled. I paid for an international cell phone plan in case of emergencies. Hostile they stayed at on day 1 and day 21 also had wifi which was helpful. The program was exactly how it was sold to me. It was exactly what I was looking for. It was awesome, I loved it.

I always felt safe on the program and I liked that I was treated like an independent adult traveler, yet had guidance when I needed. I chose this program because I wanted a chance to give back, and travel off the beaten path.

If you go in thinking this is going to be a great experience, it will be.

Summer Camp Counselor

I always wanted to visit South Africa. I picked this program because I would be in a village with people in a different part of South Africa than tourists go. I wanted to really experience the true culture.

I woke up around 7 each day and had breakfast. I would then get to the school which was close by and teach for about 4 hours. I would have lunch with the students and then head back to our camp where we stayed. Sometimes we went on a game drive and then return to camp for dinner.

We slept in a tent in a sleeping bag. A mattress was provided. GeoVisions had told us this in advance. All meals were provided. I had breakfast and dinner at the camp and lunch at the school. I always felt safe in my accommodation.

I taught freshman high school students who were between the ages of 14 to 20. Tough part was it was their winter break, so only those who really wanted to learn English were there, and attendance would vary each day. Watching the students struggle and get frustrated when they didn’t understand me, will help me become a more patient teacher. Although they are so improvised, all of the students seemed so happy.
We would be driven around to see wild animals in the afternoon. Saw giraffes, rhinos, elephants… Didn’t see any lions or cheetahs. Always felt safe.

Overall this trip was great. GeoVisions staff was very informative on what to expect. I wasn’t surprised by anything, was just open to experiences. I would recommend this program.