Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Once-in-a-lifetime Experience!

I had an amazing experience as a French au pair. My host family immediately made me feel so welcome--my host parents are the most caring, fun, and adventurous people I have ever met. I had a lot of free time, the girls were so much fun and very smart, the wages were great, and they took me on vacation to Greece. I truly couldn't have imagined a better trip!

Geovisions= DreamMakers!

I really don't know how to put into words how amazing and life changing my time abroad was! Thanks to the awesome team at Geovisions, I was able to spend a month living I'm with the sweetest family in France. I don't know what was more fun- talking to my French dad about being a pilot for the French Air Force or walking my French brother home from school while eating freshly mad baguettes! I also had the opportunity to travel to Spain, Zurich and Rome....and after my trip to Europe, I visited Jordan and Lebanon! I HIGHLY recommend this program! It will be the best time of your life!

This Is A Great Program For Language And Culture Immersion

Geovisions is an amazing program and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They are very clear about what is included in the program cost and are helpful throughout the application process where you find a family. Upon arriving in France, I stayed with a family and taught their son English while practicing my French in the village and in Paris. My host family included me in all their activities–going to the Sunday market, visiting castles, and cooking traditional food, to name a few. They even gave me a long vacation so I was able to explore the rest of Europe on my own. All this time, a Geovisions representative kept in contact with me to see how things were going. I was very impressed with this program and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a cultural immersion.

Incredibly Memorable Experience

This program allowed me to live in the South of France for 2 and half months with a wonderful and welcoming family, while teaching their youngest son English. I was able to travel through France and soak up as much of the culture as I could. It was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had that not only taught me about French culture, but also taught me a lot about myself. I couldn't be happier that I chose to take part in this program and I have the very friendly staff at Geovisions to thank for that!
I recommend this program to anyone!

Au Pair

I had an absolutely beautiful experience abroad. The family I lived with is one that I will be friends with for life, and the things I learned are innneumerable. My French is conversational now, I learned about new foods, about how I want to travel in the future, cultural differences, and a lot about my self. I was bothered that I didn't have as much freedom as I would have liked to go places and do things as I would have wished and chosen for myself. However the family was so adventurous that I was never bored. Geovisions always helped out and is a reliable program. I never had an experience that I had to rely on them for, but I always knew they were available.

Au pair in Paris

Looking back, I kind of went into this a little blind. I didn't really know different options or what to expect. But I'm so glad I continued anyway! All the people I've worked with at Geovisions (mainly Jodi) have been so helpful and so quick to respond to emails. I could tell they all truly cared about my experience and well being. I remember the first time I talked to a representative on the phone, and any fears or hesitations I had just went away. She really put me at ease and gave me the confidence I needed to feel safe. They are also great to help with all the paperwork and insurance information, which again looking back was a great relief!
I really lucked out my family, I watch two really great kids in a really great family. I'm their first au pair but you wouldn't know it. They are so welcoming and so loving, they really a second family. They also pay for my own "apartment" in a separate building which is nice. So I have my own space to go to. If you are interested in the program I would totally recommend it! And feel free to really investigate the family that you will be staying with! Multiple Skype sessions is a good idea and write down your questions beforehand!

Once In A Lifetime

This program is the perfect alternative for people who don't want to spend all day taking classes and doing homework. It's also great for people who want to go abroad but can't find classes they need to satisfy their major requirements. You get truly immersed in the culture and having that connection with a family is fantastic. I can't say enough good things about Geovisions and how much I've enjoyed my time as an au pair in Paris. It's a much more "real life" experience that I could have gotten from studying at a university here. The Geovisions staff is always so attentive and helpful and they respond right away to any emails. They really want to make your experience the best it can be.

• Professional Development

What an incredible experience!

I am so thankful for Geovisions for helping me realize my dream, get my butt in gear, and go abroad! I have been wanting to do something like this for years and I was always too scared, or something else was always more important. However, the staff at Geovisions, namely Jodi, were very helpful and made the process painless. I had nothing to worry about and could just enjoy my time connecting with my host family, loving on the kids, and learning a new language. I cannot express how thankful I am for this experience! If anyone has even an inkling about becoming an Au Pair in France I would say just take the plunge!!
My only caveat would be to suggest making sure there is a train station within walking distance of where you're placed. Being stuck in a small town with virtually no options to travel except the kindness of the great friends I made was a little annoying at times.
Overall, it was amazing and I can't say how much I miss my "Second Family in France!"

• Teacher Support

Au Pair In France Is A Completely Unique Experience!

The Au Pair in France program is a well-designed abroad experience that allows for total immersion. With the helpful people at geovisions behind you to support you, a potentially scary experience can become an exciting and fun one.