Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

3 Camps. 3 Countries. 1 Program. Thailand/Myanmar/Cambodia

An experience that I will never forget

Wow! So the 3 country camp was an experience that I will never forget. I was able to learn so much from each country. Starting out in Thailand was really nice. For the first couple days we stayed in Bangkok and had orientation, where Jonah gave us tips and helped us know what we needed to do to help the kids. I am not a teacher, but Johna explained things in such a way that I was able to understand and pick up on things. Kevin also gave us Thai language lessons that we were blue to use on the street. Teaching the kids in each country was so much fun, and we did something a little different for each one. Jonah was really good at changing the lesson plans to fit the needs of each camp. If there was something that o would change about the experience would be to have more time with the kids instead of going around and being a tourist. But that part was really fun too. This is something that I will always remember and I would suggest to anyone to do.

Awesome experience!

"The world is like a book and those who don't travel only get to see a page." I'm so happy I chose the three country trip with Global Teaching adventures! It allowed me to see three beautiful countries, teach in different environments and meet amazing people along the way. One of the biggest stresses of the trip wasn't even a real stress because it was just to be able to see and do everything all the countries had to offer. I loved the cultural experiences in Thailand and Cambodia and wish there was more in Myanmar.

There was never enough time for everything. I wanted to be the tourist that saw every aspect of every country but also the teacher in me would have loved more time and days with the kids. We were given so many fun adventurous ideas! And the GTA leaders were always there with a camera and willing to take a picture and share them. I can't wait to share and keep continuing to share the experience. I tried to learn to "fill my life with adventures and not things, to have stories to tell and not things to show." Sure I came home with a suitcase of souvenirs and trinkets for friends and families but this experience also allowed me to have lots of stories to share. I have so many stories from exploring the ruins of Thailand on a motorbike and the temples in Cambodia and Myanmar. I loved all the school placements too from the structure of Thailand's school, the beginning start of Cambodia's and the chaotic happiness of Myanmar. I loved the connection that Global Teaching Adventures have and have started on this trip. I loved the variety and the chance for the different teaching experiences. I hated how much extra money I needed or wanted but I think that happens with any trip - you never budget correctly and always go with the attitude it is a once in a lifetime trip. Throughout the experience I truly learned to take in every moment and to just breathe. Sure I could have done this on my own, but Global Teaching adventures provided the guidance, connections, assurance and adventure that I needed for the first trip abroad. I had people to help me with directions, to know the best spots, to find hostels and visas and traveling plans and delicious food. There was really no huge worry. Traveling is stressful, but the beautiful thing about traveling with a group is that you are never really alone. You are all stressed about the same thing or you know that someone in the group was stressed about the same thing you are at some point and so you have a friend to lean on. The leaders provided support when needed but also let us go exploring on our own. Sometimes you never know where you'll end up sleeping at night or what you are going to eat, but that is part of the adventure and you know that in the end you'll find something with the new friends you make. The trip reassured my viewpoint on everything doesn't need to be planned out to the last minute without knowing every detail you can still have a lot of fun. Sure it would have been nice to know a little more, to do or experience more, but it worked out and I don't really regret any moment of the trip. I wish I would have done it sooner and hope that I have the opportunity, time and money to do it again. The cool thing about this experience is that any age or any experience level can make it happen. We had ages from 18 to 27 year old on the trip, but that is the neat thing about GTA you can be any age and still have a blast. I was one of the older members and was having just as much fun as the next person. The training works for any age and any amount of teaching experience and everyone was valued and able to contribute something to the program.

Overall the trip was like the ferry ride to Koh Pi Pi the smooth rock of a boat. Like any trip with any group there were bumps along the way, but other times there was blissful happiness. Was it perfect? No what experience or trip is and honestly the little imperfections made for an awesome experience. The little bumps added to the adventures and the excitement. I wouldn't change anything because every aspect taught me l something and helped me grow.

My life changing experience

Before coming to the program, my only expectation was that it would serve as a vacation full of travel but I quickly learned that I was in for so much more. Visiting the countries was breathtaking! Seeing Angkor Wat and Bagan was one of the moments you want to freeze and hold onto forever. But I think the most life changing experience was meeting the kids from Ayutthaya, Siem Reap and Yangon. Be ready for emotional roller coaster where you realize what life is truly about and how sometimes the simple things are the best. You learn about their culture, their history and their stories. It's no longer learning about a country through a textbook, it's firsthand seeing and hearing their perspective. I highly recommend the program. Step outside your comfort zone.

Best summer of my life!

When I first decided to do this I was nervous. I had never been overseas on my own and I knew things were going to be very different. All this worry became a very distant memory as soon as I landed in Bangkok. I was picked up at the airport and at my hotel was introduced to Kevin, our program manager and Johna, our head trainer. By talking to Kevin, I could hear that he had a lot of experience in Asia and was passionate about sharing his experiences with us all. Jonah loves teaching and you can feel this just by looking at all the great pictures on the company Facebook page. I've been on other similar type programs and I enjoyed the "hands-on" approach that their team have with this program. I can feel that they really do care and go out of their way to make sure that everyone is comfortable. This trip has changed my life, I look at things differently and I can honestly say that I would NEVER of experienced these changes if I had not come on this trip. We spent some time in Thailand, then we went to Cambodia and are currently in our final stretch of the program (in Myanmar). I've seen things and had experiences that I know I will never be able to explain to my friends back home. It's forced me to step out of my comfort zone and just appreciate the small things in life. This trip has given me new found excitement and energy for life! It's also given me a few great ideas as to what I'd like to do in the future. My advice for anyone thinking of doing this - just do it. Don't pay attention to all the unnecessary fears you may have, just go ahead and book your flight. In a few short weeks you will look back and thank yourself.

An Asian adventure with a meaningful impact

During the multi country program I have been to three very different countries. I got the chance to ride a motorbike around ancient ruins, build a school with locals and sing Taylor Swift with university students. Mostly from this experience I will take away the impact the students had on me. They were so loving and open to a foreigner coming in for a short time teaching them another language. This experience is something I will never forget and has been the opportunity of a lifetime.