A Gapforce volunteer on a swing by the beach A Gapforce volunteer on a swing by the beach

Fiji Marine Conservation with Gapforce

Marine Conservation, Fiji

Bula!!

I was only on the program for 4 weeks but it was possibly the best month of my life. The remote camp is as close to paradise as I have ever experienced, the scuba diving was phenomenal, the staff were very cool, friendly and helpful and I made some great friends in the process. The local people are very friendly and accommodating, the worst part of the whole experience was having to leave. Accommodation is basic but more than adequate and with such beautiful surroundings, amazing diving and great company it really doesn't matter. I would recommend it to everyone, this particular program is a little expensive but it really is awesome!!!

Discovery of a new world

Hello!!!
My name is Maggie, and I am a french Canadian. My experience with Greenforce in Fiji was just amazing. I wasn't expecting a lot but it was even better than what I thought. Learning how to dive was incredible. It was my first time, and not my last. I did my courses from open water until dive master. My first 10 weeks on camp were as a volunteer, and then 10 more weeks as a trainee. Of course, a lot of things can happen. I would lie if I said that everything and every day was easy. But it's a challenge that everybody should do. Personally, My experience with greenforce in fiji was just amazing. I wasn't expecting a lot but it was even better than what I though. Learning how to dive was incredable. It was my first time, and not my last. I did my courses from open water til dive master. My first 10 weeks on camp were as a volunteer, and then 10 more weeks as a trainee. Of course, a lot of things can happen. I would lie if I said that everything and everyday was easy. But it's a challenge that everybody should do. Personally, my emotions were all over sometimes. But it's just normal, being in this kind of environment and with the same people for a long time. You come out of this with so much, that I would do it again, without even thinking. The food was great on camp, especially for a volunteer program. The community was so given and warm. I miss my family from there, my mom, my dad, my sister and the village. Fijians live with almost nothing but they give everything! Because their english is pretty good, you can have conversations with them and learn about their village and country. After my first 10 weeks, I didn't want to go home. So I was chosen to stay and be a trainee. It was great. I have now a new career that I am really excited about. I did more than 100 dives in amazing sites. I have seen sharks, turtle, rays, inverts, coral so close that I could almost touch. The ocean changed my life and I found a new passion. I would love to put my name for Greenforce, to go somewhere in the world as a divemaster! Chad Sinden was a great teacher and inspire me in what he does. Being a staff member was even better than being only a volunteer. Thanks you so much and I suggest this program to everybody!!!
Maggie