Land-Ocean Interface Summer Program
Belize: San Ignacio
The Land-Ocean Interface program features two courses. The first two weeks will be devoted to the comprehensive study of terrestrial ecosystems in Belize. This will be carried out through a combination of targeted discussion sessions, presentations, and extensive fieldwork.
The following third and fourth weeks will be spent doing the Marine Practicum course. Students will be involved in fieldwork held at marine protected areas in the country. They will examine the ecology of seagrass beds, mangroves, and coral reefs, taking into account the effect of land-based pollutants.
1. Have fun interacting with the diverse student population.
2. Experience full cultural immersion.
3. Learn Spanish by engaging with the bilingual community.
4. Experience the country's renowned tourist attractions.
5. Learn from committed and experienced faculty.