Instituto Estelar Bilingue Header Image Instituto Estelar Bilingue Header Image

Spanish Medical Program in Costa Rica

Positive experience!

I came here with my university to become more proficient in Spanish and see what the hospitals are like in Costa Rica. I saw and learned a lot. The combination of daily classes, a homestay, and the extracurricular activites have given me increased confidence in being able to converse with people. Roxana, my Tica mom, made me feel very welcome! I enjoyed building a relationship with her and her family. I love Costa Rica and Estelar!

Two thumbs up

Dona Roxana: Wonderful family
Caroly: Fun teacher. I really enjoyed her class.
Club A: My favorite part (see pic)
Working at the hospital: Valuable experience.
I would totally do this again. I learned a lot.

Unforgettable Experience!

My homestay experience was so great! Roxana and her family are some of the most caring and welcoming people I have had the pleasure to meet and be in the care of. They try there best to accomodate all our needs and I would definitely suggest their home to other traveling students. I also really enjoyed all the activities that were part of this medical Spanish program at Estelar.

Unique experience

I had a great time in the Medical Spanish program at Estelar. A highlight for me was the family I lived with for three weeks. Roxana Paniagua, my host mom, made me feel very welcome! I enjoyed building a relationship with her and her family. I would definitely recommend to continue to use her as a homestay family. Another highlight was jumping off rocks at a waterfall with a bunch of locals. Very cool, off the beaten path, experience!

Fun, Interesting, Excellent

The teacher was great and provided a bunch of different and interesting activities. Spanish classes at Estelar are so much fun! Adriana is such a fun professor, always organized, and always interesting. It was a pleasure to take her class. My Tica mother's name is Roxanna Paniagua. I had an excellent time at my homestay. Our homestay mom offered to spend time with her and her family during the evenings and I enjoyed all the meals she provided us. Her family was very welcoming, and I really enjoyed my stay with her. I loved the dance class :) Overall, my experience in the medical program at Estelar was super positive and I would do it again!

Wonderful experience!

My Tica mom's name is Marta. She was amazing. I only have good things to say about her! Marta and Pedro included Haley and I in every activity that they could have! We did Zumba classes, went to their farm, went to the beach, and went swimming. Me encanto tener a Merlyn como una profesora. Es muy facil conversar con ella. La clase siempre era interesante porque ponia videos y jugabamos juegos diferentes. I really liked the combination of working in the hospital everyday, studying Spanish, volunteering, and exploring Costa Rica!

Great program

Profesora Caroly is very nice, and I really enjoyed her Spanish class! The food at my homestay was by far my favorite food on this entire trip. Yelba - this family is so great. They gave us time to ourselves which i appreciated after a really long day of work. She took great care of us and was very flexible when needed. I really loved Spanglish because I got to meet the locals. It was cool working in the hospital too.

Fantastic homestay experience

The family gave us adequate space, but also included us. it was the perfect balance of invitation and personal time. Incredible food! She gave us the proper portions or let us serve ourselves. we never had the same meal twice, which was awesome. she was super sweet and great about meal times every morning and night. she cooked for us when we wanted and it was always healthy and delicious.
Yelba was so kind and welcoming. I felt completely comfortable the entire time, and she was great about cooking, cleaning, and caring for us. She gave me an extra razor and treats to pack. which went above and beyond her required activities. I really appreciated everything she did for me and Ashton, my classmate who also stayed there, and I love her very much! She was just like a mom from the states, but sweeter!

Simply great

I had a great time at Estelar Instituto! In three weeks, we did so many things in our Medical Spanish program! We hiked, volunteered, worked in the hospital, met the locals (my favorite activity was Spanglish - see my pic), and had conversational Spanish classes. I would totally do this again!