FUA Florence University of the Arts Header Image FUA Florence University of the Arts Header Image

Career Programs in Florence, Italy

Great Affordable Baking & Pastry Program in the heart of Downtown Florence.

One of my most memorable experiences was participating in the Tutto Toscana trip to New York City. Although this trip was actually outside of Florence, it was a great opportunity to showcase what I had learned so far and cook/bake in a few prestigious locations throughout the City, like the James Beard House. We brought Italian culture with us and expressed it through the food that we prepared for each event. From this experience, it stretched my abilities in the kitchen and created some great relationships.

I enrolled in the 1-year Baking & Pastry Program through FUA's hospitality school. I chose the program because it was much more affordable than Pastry schools in the States. I wanted a cultural experience and to learn another persecutive on pastries than the American desserts I have grown up on.

I was an independent study who studied at Apicius International School of Hospitality after graduating from my Home University. I had previously studied abroad in Florence and was very familiar with the city so I found my own accommodations for an apartment close to my Pastry Program.