Fruit Tree Planting Foundation Header Image Fruit Tree Planting Foundation Header Image

Help Plant Fruit Trees for Struggling Families in Uganda!

Unforgettable & life-changing travel and volunteer experience

The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation (FTPF) volunteer program to Uganda was my first volunteer trip abroad, and it was one of the most amazing and memorable experiences of my life. Being able to interact with, teach, as well as learn from children of all ages while planting fruit trees at multiple schools (which I had never done before, but the FTPF has very friendly expert staff who show you everything you need to know), and experiencing the warmth, friendliness, and curiosity of locals in the communities we visited throughout the Jinja area, made this a very unique, enlightening, and rewarding experience which combined travel with giving back to the earth and its communities. The FTPF and its partner organizations in Uganda have a love and dedication to what they do which I found inspirational; I will undoubtedly join them again in the future on another trip. As a cherry on top, the eco-adventure activities (safari, adventure activity options, etc.) were truly unforgettable; Uganda is a unique and worthwhile visit in East Africa, and seeing it through the eyes of a FTPF volunteer is the perfect way to experience it!

Uganda Holistic Health Crusade

I have volunteered with FTPF in various locations throughout the US and abroad during the past half decade, however the 2016 Uganda trip was my first time joining them in Africa for their ongoing project. I feel the itinerary was very well outlined and felt safe and supported in my decision to volunteer so far away from home based on the professionalism, communication, and adaptability I have experienced with the organizers as well as the receptiveness and hospitality of the communities they choose to partner with. I would highly recommend the Uganda trip and any trip FTPF organizes for that matter to new volunteers because although each one is hard work, they are each uniquely a once in a lifetime, life changing and planet enhancing experience!