Frontier participants Frontier participants

Fiji Teaching

Fiji teaching

The trip was to teach in Suva, Fiji and i thoroughly enjoyed it. I spent every day in paradise and with Frontier you are not just left to your own devices, i was with 10-15 other volunteers, all were as nervous as i to begin with. We lived together and had the best experiences, some extra activities i did were kayaking, sky diving, village touring, canoe rides on rapids, bamboo rafting, snorkelling and all were very well priced and cheaper then back in the UK.

The trip itself was fantastic, who could ask for a better trip then 30+ degrees and reasonable pricing, amazing nightlife, amazing volunteering and support and amazing new friends.

The school was amazing

The school was amazing, I received a lot of help from the staff and was made to feel at home. The family were very supportive and made the experience fun and unforgettable.

My homestay family were fantastic

My homestay family were fantastic. Very generous and always had my best interests at heart. Always making sure I was OK.

It was a great experience

It was a great experience which I will remember for the rest of my life. It has opened my eyes even more and allowed me to look at things in a new light.

The homestay was fantastic

The homestay was fantastic. Ryan and Natasha were great coordinators. The school greatly appreciates and needs more volunteers.

Really enjoyed my time in the school

Really enjoyed my time in the school I was put in, wish I had time to stay longer. The food at the lodge was amazing! The family who owned it were extremely welcoming and it felt like a home away from home.

I learnt so much

I had the best month of my life and would recommend it to anyone. I learnt so much about Fijian culture, teaching and made some lifelong friends I still keep in touch with and meet up regularly with. Its made me truly realise that I want to pursue a career in teaching and definitely go travelling again and help out on a voluntary basis in other countries. Its a beautiful place with the most amazing, friendly people and I feel like I have a family over there as I was welcoming by my host family and the teachers at the school like I belonged. I would like to see how the class I taught are doing and the children I helped are getting on.

It was nice

Meeting at the airport and transfer to Beqa was smooth and easy. Brittany was friendly, welcoming and good at conveying useful information relating to local culture.