Frontier participants Frontier participants

Fiji Journalism

Had the most amazing placement

Had the most amazing placement - the Fiji Sun was more than I expected and I get to do and see so much! Excellent and I don't think people reading the website really understand this. My whole experience was amazing, the lodge is great and makes you feel really at home. I made some great friends, both with Frontier and in Fiji.

Amazing!

I had an amazing time staying in a homestay with a Fijian family and learning about their culture and way of life. I also learnt so much on my internship, being given a lot of responsibility that I feel I wouldn't of been given in an internship elsewhere!

Fiji sun

My placement with Frontier was arranged at the Fiji Sun, one of the biggest print newspapers in Fiji. After I’d settled in and met the team I was given a number of assignments reporting on events and happenings around Suva, the capital of Fiji. For example, I interviewed a number of teachers and pupils about a new sports education initiative at a local school, and reported on an annual festival. I aim to be a foreign affairs journalist so I believe this will be good experience, and the sort of thing that would have been tricky to arrange without an experienced internships provider.

Fiji journalism

I really enjoyed my project and have met some really great people. I would encourage everyone to visit Fiji for its amazing culture history and welcoming communities. the journalism project allowed me to visit parts of Fiji that i otherwise wouldn't have thought to. I am grateful to mai life magazine for trusting me with so many stories and allowing me to expand my own portfolio of published work.

Journalism review

I've had a great time here in Fiji, i can't believe its all over! I would 100% recommend this trip to anyone looking for writing and journalism experience. It really has been incredible, i really don't want to go!!