Grab the opportunity of a lifetime to rehabilitate and rescue many different species of wildlife, from the smallest squirrels to the largest bears. Projects are located througout the United states including Washington, New York, New Mexico, Texas, Hawaii and Florida.
Wake up early in the morning to the sound of the many different wild guests that you will have to rehabilitate and hopefully release these magnificent animals while living on site of the project! The minimum duration of stay is 8 weeks with a maximum duration of 12 weeks. This gives the animals a chance to get to know and trust you, and it requires a little time to learn their routine. They are exclusively a North American Native Mammal, birds and reptile Rehab & Rescue Centers.
This is an excellent experience to not only help with a great cause while gaining valuable widllife experience but it is also a great way to improve your English!
* Feed and care for different kind of animals including birds, reptiles and Mammals
* Build and maintain animal enclosures
* Assist with capture and release
* Educate the public
* Help, rescue and rehabilitate birds of prey, mammals and reptiles from Hawaii to Florida!
* Live in some of the greatest places in the USA either with a homestay or with other volunteers on site of the proejct!
* Experience the best of nature, culture and wildife!
* Learn about the care and habits of many different and in some cases endangered animals.
2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
All year round
* Required to commit to a minimum of 8 weeks
* Dedication to the work, purpose, mission, and philosophy of the organization
* Willingness and ability to keep your commitments
* Commitment to the principles of honest and direct communication including
* No Smoking is allowed on the property outside of a vehicle during fire season.
* Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humour, dependable, fit
* Age: 19 and older
* No animal allergies
* Must love animals and have good communication skills with people
* Must have tetanus vaccination and health insurance
Cost in US$:
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Travel while in host country
- Written materials abroad
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Visa Assistance
* Airport Pick up
* Domestic Transfers
* Hostel package
* Ongoing support
* 24/7 Emergency contact
- Animal Welfare
- Biological Research
- Building Maintenance
- Building/construction Projects
- Fixing Fences
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Surveying
Love of the outdoors and a passion for wildlife is a priority. You should not be fussy, picky or hypersensitive about cleaning as this is one of the main chores. We will not tolerate smoking, alcohol or the use of drugs. Please remember that you are a guest, therefore, respecting the rules is essential.
18 - 35
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2 - 5
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network