Canada: Banff, Canmore, Kamloops and 4 other cities
This Project is for those who always wanted to explore the world of dog sledding and the unique way of living the 'bush life! This volunteer abroad project will give you the unique experience to help out a small family run husky ranch. Dogsled and snow scooter in the winter and hike, bike, fish and wildlife watch in the summer!
Did you ever want to explore the world of dog sledding and the unique way of living the 'bush life'? The projects are located deep in the interiors of British Columbia, The Yukon and Alberta far away from any town. This ranch is extremely popular with young volunteers from around the globe, wishing to experience time with Siberian Huskies. They are in need for volunteers year round. The work with the dogs and on the ranch is physically demanding and it is by no means an' easy holiday option'! The minimum duration of stay is 2 weeks with a maximum duration of 12 weeks. Please consider that you will be surrounded by nature & wildlife (no bars and shopping malls here). There is plenty of time to play with the dogs and if you like to bike and hike, there are endless trails!
* Take care of Siberian huskies and train them for the dogsled season!
* Have the opportunity to learn how to dogsled!
* Work in one of the most beautiful sceneries in beautiful British Columbia/Alberta/THe Yukon.
* Opportunities for Wildlife viewing in the surroundings of the ranch
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week
All year round
* Required to commit to a minimum of 4 weeks
* No Smoking is allowed on the property.
* Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humour, dependable, physically and mentally fit.
* Age: 19-30
* No animal allergies
* Extreme Weather (heat & cold), dirt and living in a remote area must be something you can handle.
* A love for animals and some general experience of caring for an animal is a must!
* Must read and agree to abide by guidelines and ethics
* Good communication skills and the ability to work alone
* Fluent knowledge of the English
* A valid driver's license would be an asset, but is not required
Cost in US$:
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Travel while in host country
- Written materials abroad
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Visa Assistance
* Free Dog Sleddin in winter
* Snow scooter driving
* Airport Pick up
* Transfer in-country
* Hostel Package
* Ongoing Service
* 24/7 Emergency Contact
- Animal Welfare
- Cutting Wood
- Fixing Fences
- Wildlife Surveying
Love of the outdoors and a passion for wildlife is a priority. You should not be fussy, picky or hypersensitive about cleaning as this is one of the main chores. We will not tolerate smoking, alcohol or the use of drugs. Please remember that you are a guest, therefore, respecting the rules is essential.
18 - 35
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2 - 5
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network