Panama: Bocas del Toro
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
All year round
Travel to a tropical Island off the Caribbean coast of Panama and experience a volunteer abroad project like no other! Help build up and support Native indigenous communities, live in a national park among wildlife on a tropical island and play on the beach and on the surf catching waves!
This great project focusses big smiles and big waves! The project serves local indigenous located through a number of community development initiatives. The project offers a unique, enriching volunteer experience to give back to others and give back to yourself in the remote islands of Bocas del Toro. For 2012 the project will focus on education, sports activities with the children and in a lesser extend construction and environmental related activities.
* Venture to a tropical paradise off the coast of Panama.
* Volunteer with Indigenous communities inside a national park
* Ride awesome waves in the surfer paradise!
* Snorkel the beautiful coral reefs, fish and explore the jungle!
* No Smoking is allowed, Bush and Forest Fires are an enormous concern!!
* Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humor and dependable.
* You must be physically and mentally fit.
* Age: 18-35
* Must love outdoors/island living
* Make sure to contact your local health organization to inquire about the needed/recommended vaccinations and medicine.
1 Week: 995 USD (Includes return flight and boat transfers). 02 weeks: USD 1,495 03 weeks: USD 1,995 04 weeks: USD 2,195
Adventurer's individuals who have an interest in the outdoors and who do not mind to get wet and dirty while working for a good cause. This is a great place for those who love surfing and other water sport activities! Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus but not a must.
18 - 35
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
in Groups of 2 - 10
Fronteering Travel Services INC. specializes in organizing volunteer abroad projects to preserve the environment, wildlife and indigenous people throughout the world while giving the volunteers a real and raw experience in some of the most beautiful and often remote places in the world to make a true difference.