Forum-Nexus Study Abroad Header Image Forum-Nexus Study Abroad Header Image

Forum Europe Summer 2017: Travel Around 9 Cities in 5 Weeks

Incredible experience

I was a student with Forum-Nexus this summer. It was one of the best experiences that I have ever had. I visited so many great and famous cities, all while gaining transfer credit at the University of Michigan. Although the places were incredible, the people were even better. I have so many lasting memories from this program and many new friends from all over the United States and the world.

Amazing

Forum Nexus offered more to me than I ever could have expected. I went in to the program nervous and shy, by excited for what was to come. Within 24 hours of arriving, I had made friends that I felt like I had known for years. The program does an INCREDIBLE job making sure you get some cultural immersion, and the program director, Hugo, is really passionate about culture. Before each country, we learned about the history, language, geography, and culture. When we arrived, we got to sight-see with the group and on our own, so you get to personalize each experience. The academics are fabulous, with world-class professors who travel with you and not only teach you but get to know you. I would do Forum Nexus every summer for the rest of my life if I could.

Experience of a lifetime

I was an intern for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad, and initially, I wasn't sure what to expect. I have heard of other people's experiences from studying abroad and all of them were positive, but I wasn't sure how I would handle being that far away from home. After spending a month in Europe with this program, I consider everyone involved part of my family. This was a once in a lifetime experience and I have Forum-Nexus to thank for that. This program is one of a kind. Forum-Nexus' uniqueness is what makes it incomparable to other study abroad experiences. I highly recommend anyone who is considering studying abroad to apply to FN. You will not regret it!

AMAZING!!!

This experience was amazing. For 4 weeks, you attend a school with a moving campus and visit many different cities and countries in Europe. I was worried before I left that I would not feel super connected with any one place, but I was wrong. Instead, I feel connected with about 7 or 8 new places I had never been before. I got to hike the French Alps, swim in the Aegean Sea, ride a gondola in Venice, visit the Coliseum, and get college credit all at the same time. In class, you are surrounded by students from all over the world receiving education from professors all over the world. The experience is eye opening, and you never stop going, but you never want to! The professors are incredible, and travel with you the entire time. This allows you to connect with them in such a fun way, and you get to see the world with them! I made lifelong friends through this journey, and I would not change a thing.

Best program ever

Studying abroad has been something I felt like I needed to do in order to truly complete my college experience. The hardest part of trying to decide where to study abroad is that you think you have to pick only once place, and that you’ll have to spend a whole semester in that one location. With the Forum Nexus program, you can do so much more. Forum Nexus gives you the ability to see and study in 5 different countries in just over a month. This program instantly appealed to me because I would be able to see and learn about so much of Europe, rather than just one city or country. I have to admit; it almost seems too good to be true when reading about the program. However, I can attest first-hand the program is everything it promises to be and so much more. The other students as well as the staff are some of the most amazing people you will ever meet in your life, and traveling and learning together with them will create an experience that you will take with you for the rest of your life. This program taught me so much, both in the classroom and out of it, and I recommend it to all of my friends who are interested in studying abroad. At the end of the program, there is only one thing to say: This, is FORUM NEXUS!

One of the best summers of my life!

Attending the Forum Nexus program this summer was the best decision that I made. You get to travel different European cities along with taking classes at renowned universities. Especially for the students who didn't get the chance to study abroad, Forum-Nexus is the best program for them. I got a chance to explore the European culture and the traditions which people follow in different countries. Apart from that I got a chance to interact with students coming from all over the world sharing different ideas and having different perspectives. The classes which we take are not at all boring and stressful. This is because of the experienced faculties who also travel with us throughout the program. Along with studying throughout the weekend I took many Forum-Nexus organised day trips and weekend excursions to different cities. The staff members are so friendly and are always ready to help. The director of the program, Dr. Hugo, is such a fun loving person that you don't even feel that you are on a educational trip. I highly recommend this program to everyone who didn’t get the chance of studying abroad. At the beginning you'll start as a stranger but later you'll end up as a family, the Forum-Nexus family!

Best summer yet!

This past summer I decided to study abroad after my freshman year of college. I was traveling alone and I was a little bit nervous to be in Europe for the first time all by myself. When I first met everyone from Forum Nexus, all my worries instantly went away. I've never met a more welcoming, friendly, and fun group of people. Age or where we came from did not matter. In one month I did as much as possible between interesting classes, professional visits, and sightseeing. I really enjoyed going to classes because we learned so much useful information that will stick with me forever. I couldn't believe how fast everyone became not only friends, but family. I left Greece with so many experiences, a different outlook on life, and 4 college credits. Choosing to be a part of Forum Nexus 2016 was one of my best decisions, and if I could go back and relive it all again I would love to! Best summer yet!

Would 100% do again

Forum-Nexus was one of the best experiences I could ask for. Not only did I get to travel to wondrous destinations in one month, but I also met forever friends, became more culturally aware, and learned many valuable lessons. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

The opportunity of a lifetime!

Spending my summer with forum-nexus was more than I ever could have dreamed of, honestly. The opportunities that came during and after the trip are seemingly endless. While on this trip, I gained lifelong friends from all around the world who I still talk to weekly and visit. There is nothing like getting connected with businesses and corporations from all over the world and getting to see the inside scoop, which is something unique Forum Nexus has to offer. Traveling from city to city made it never boring, to say the least. I learned such an immense amount in such a short period of time--and not just about my major, but life skills in linguistics, cultural communication, and attitudes toward trying new things. The professors make the classes on this trip fun because they are so personable, knowledgeable, helpful, and fun. The classes go along with the countries that we visit, so it is all very relevant and interesting. The environment of our group on the trip was like nothing else I had ever experienced. The trip gave me a close-knit group of diverse people, something which is difficult to find anywhere. I have nothing but good words to say about this program and the experience it gave me.

A Fun-Packed Month!

Forum-Nexus delivered even more than I had ever hoped for in a study abroad! Although I took two classes in addition to the International IQ class, I still had plenty of time to explore all of the amazing cities that we stopped in. And not to mention all of the incredible friends that I met from all around the world! I don't think that I could have spent one month of my summer in a better way if I tried. I have recommended(and will continue to recommend) this program to everyone that I meet that is looking to learn about the world and make life-long friends!

Amazing study abroad experience

I had an awesome time studying abroad with Forum-Nexus. We saw a lot of really great cities. One of my main priorities when looking for a program was looking for one that offered Graduate level credit, as I was not able to study abroad until I was in graduate school. I also wanted a program that was multi-country, and was long enough that I could see a variety of places, but short enough because I could not be away from home for an entire semester. The one month of this program was perfect for me!

A journey to remember

If you have never stepped a foot outside your home country and want to immerse yourself in new innovative cultures, then this is the program for you. The educational aspects perfectly link up with your travel experiences, as you attend classes in the morning, and are free to explore the cities in the afternoon. You will gain a lifetime's worth of experiences and memories that will carry on for years to come. For those of you who are early networkers, all of the students come from across the globe, meaning you will be able to have and maintain several international connections.
You won't be disappointed if you choose this program!

The Most Action Packed (and fun) Summer of my Life!

When I tell people that I visited 14 cities in 6 countries last summer- and all of the stories that come with those visits- most of them assume I'm talking about a stretch of time spanning two or even three months, but never just the one month I was actually there! Considering everything the FN team packs into their program, I don't blame those people at all. Between taking two full-length classes, and attending the dozens of professional visits to places from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris to the UN in Geneva, there was never a dull moment- but I still had plenty of time to explore the cities with all my new friends. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking for a life changing experience this summer!

Best Summer of my Life

Forum Nexus was the best summer of my life. I was able to travel to so many incredible places and feel independent doing it. The social life was amazing, and i met some of the nicest, coolest people in my life. Everyone was welcoming and just wanted to have fun and try new things tother. The staff were great and gave me plenty of freedom, they were not at all overbearing and really let us do our own thing. The academics were great, quite challenging but at the same time really interesting. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to explore, travel and make amazing friends juts as long as they have an open mind.

Life Changing Experience

This was the greatest experience of my life. When I was trying to figure out which study abroad program to go on, I wanted see as many places that I could in the time that I would be away. I looked over tens of programs and then my roommate suggested Forum Nexus. I looked at the list of places that the program offered and it immediately seemed obvious which program I should go on. Most of the other programs offered one or two cities in another country for about 2 months. When I saw that Forum Nexus offered six countries in 4 weeks, I knew that this was the program for me. It gave me the chance to see so much of Europe and since it was an international program, I made friendships with people from all over the world that will last me a lifetime. I still talked to all of the friends that I met from the trip daily in a Forum Nexus group chat to this day and I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to go on this trip. I recommend anyone that is reading this to go, It will change your life!

Hands down, the best experience of my life

Studying abroad was the best experience of my life and choosing Forum-Nexus as my program made this experience unforgettable. The academics were excellent because they applied the information we were learning to our traveling. Exploring Europe with students from all around the world allowed me to get out of my comfort zone and open my eyes to learn more about the world. Hugo and the staff constantly worked hard for all of the students to learn, enjoy their time, and make sure everyone was comfortable. If you choose Forum Nexus, you will not regret it!

Best summer ever

This is an amazing programme that gives you a great opportunity to experience so much of Europe and develop a real sense of being a global citizen. The teachers are amazingly clued in to the culture of each city we visited and the classes give a really good grounding in communications, marketing, and the economics of Europe. I would recommend this programme to anyone who wants to broaden their mind, their understanding of Europe and who also wants to have a great time.

Experience of a Lifetime

Participating in the Forum-Nexus study abroad program was a life-changing experience that opened my eyes to the world and different cultures. The program offers you a great education, the opportunity to meet people from all over the world, and the freedom to travel and enjoy Europe at your own pace. Rarely does a day go by that I don't reflect and smile about my Forum-Nexus experience from the summer of 2014. It was one of the best experiences of my life, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have participated in the program.

Summer of a lifetime!

Forum Nexus is an incredible program to study abroad with. I couldn't pick just one place to study abroad, so when I found this program I knew it was for me. Not only did I get to travel to places I dreamed of, but I made lifelong friends along the way and have memories that will last a lifetime!

Such an amazing experience, I'm going back!

Forum Nexus ties in all the right components to a study abroad program. The entire program is very well put together and very organized. The program met all my expectations and more. I can honestly say I had an overall amazing time. I was exposed to real world experiences in my field while being able to travel and enjoy each cities landmarks and night life. I'm pretty sure I'm joining them again next year to do it all over again!

Dreams come true

This program is full of valuable components both for professional development and for human self-enhancement. With the hope to participate in it next summer, I have lots of memories to think about for a year ahead starting from our exciting meeting in the airport of Barcelona to farewell tears in Rhodes. I wish everyone to have such an exciting experience!

I've dreamt about studying abroad, but found a marvelous chance to combine it with life-changing traveling,super internship and fun with wonderful people from all over the world.

Everywhere we went, we had the excellent accommodations with all the facilities and perfect surroundings. Even hard studying and working there turned out to be a real pleasure.

The most stupendous summer with Forum Nexus family

Now I know for sure that dreams come true! Having become both the student and intern in Forum-Nexus Summer 2014 Program, I've jumped in the atmosphere of amazing experience,priceless knowledge, breathtaking emotions and lifelong friendship. After the chain of all pity events in Ukraine, our wonderful trip was the ray of sunshine for me. I gained a lot of cognitive knowledge from our highly qualified professors and learned a bunch of practical know-hows during most interesting professional visits. The International IQ classes taught by the program director , professor Hugo Hervitz(one of the coolest people I've ever met), not only boosted my IQ but inspired me for further constant exploring of the world and its cultures. I fell in love with every single place we've visited with Forum-Nexus family and every moment we've lived together. This program brought me lifelong happiness!

Absolutely Amazing Experience

I am Greek, and have constantly been asked have you ever been? Sadly until this summer I had to always say no. Now, after attending Forum-Nexus I can say that I have traveled to one of Greece's most beautiful islands, Rhodes. Being able to immerse myself in Greek culture, the language, the food, and the people is an experience I would never change for anything else.

I attended a meeting at my Study Abroad Office and set an appointment with one of the advisors because I had no idea where to start. I wanted a program that traveled to different parts of Europe as a group as well as visited Greece as one of the stops along the way. My advisor told me about Forum-Nexus and I was hooked. It provided me with the perfect opportunity!

The accommodation were very amenable. Each stop we stayed in 4 or 5 star hotels! My favorite was the Rhodes Sheraton! It overlooked the ocean and you could see Turkey from your balcony! Each location provided luxury and convenience to the main attractions of the stops. Public transportation was the easiest way to get around the cities and each hotel was located very near to a bus or metro station.

Life Changing

My most memorable experience was visiting Chamonix, France. The French Alps are breath taking and you can't stop starring at all the natural beauty. You can take a gondola to the top of the mountains and just sit for hours and the ice caps. After looking for so long I felt like I was just looking at a painting and it wasn't even real, that's how amazing that place it.

Its always been a dream of mine to travel Europe and I never thought it was possible until this program. When else am I going to get to travel through 13 cities in 1 month? Now, I can pick a certain country to go back to and spend more time there.

We moved about from hotel to hotel. Each hotel was 4-5 star hotels. I was comfortable in each place we stayed and always got a good nights sleep.

It was an absolutely amazing experience I would recommend to anyone!

I had always wanted to study abroad during college. Until this past summer I had never been outside of the United States and Forum-Nexus provided me with the opportunity to do just that! I was able to see many parts of Europe in a safe and enjoyable way in just a little over a month! Forum-Nexus has become one of my fondest memories and I catch myself talking about different things that happened throughout the trip constantly! I created relationships with people from all over the United States, Egypt, China and England! How many people can say that? Not many. The teachers were approachable and very knowledgeable about cultures and business, and made learning fun! I enjoyed every aspect about this program, and hope to one day soon be able to go back to Europe and experience more cultures and environments!