Collage photos of FIE Collage photos of FIE

London Semester/Summer Internship Programs

Review for Summer 2014 Dublin, Ireland Intership/Study Abroad Program

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Dublin under FIE’s close guidance. I was fully supported by their office in all of my endeavors. I felt protected and watched over because they requested to know where myself and the other participants were at all times, especially while partaking in weekend travel. I enjoyed seeing all of Ireland—north, south, east and west. Some of my favorite highlights were sightseeing in the breathtaking Ring of Kerry, hiking County Clare’s impossibly beautiful Cliffs of Moher, sifting through a charming farmers market in Cork, earning eloquent speaking by kissing the Blarney Stone and, of course, being flattered time and time again in Dublin by the friendliest, most welcoming locals in existence. I look back upon my (too short!) time in Dublin with absolute fondness and longing to return as soon as possible. I felt that FIE provided the most opportune conditions in which to enjoy this experience. I was sufficiently pleased and impressed by the way they bent over backwards to accommodate myself and the other students. I miss it dearly. I’m so happy that I participated and I wholeheartedly believe it was the best experience of my life.

FIE London is a great program!

I found FIE in London to be well run and provide excellent opportunities to truly experience London as a student abroad. Location was especially great, as was the connection to many activities in London

You Have to Live in London for a Semester

When I began the search process for the place I would study abroad I had no idea where to choose. I knew I wanted to be in Europe, yet I knew I would not be able to speak a foreign language 24/7. After hearing more about FIE I found I was really interested in their internship program, and that is what cemented my decision.

Once I arrived, FIE was great at helping you get used to living in London. The professors are amazing, so English, and so willing to tell you everywhere you should visit, eat, or avoid in London. The classes are largely created with the understanding that students didn't come abroad to sit in the classroom and take notes. My British Life and Cultures class was so immersive. We sat in the classroom only a fraction of the semester. Most classes were spent walking parks, touring the Globe Theatre, eating Indian Food, touring museums and the occasional "class held at the pub" (I had an amazing professor for this class who truly got us).

The first half of my semester was spent in classes and the second half was spent interning for a Pilates studio working on their marketing, public relations, and communications. Here I worked on: developing a new in-studio retail area, product development, updating all their social media sites, and writing their weekly fitness and healthy living blog. I also was allowed free Pilates classes and they even used me in a photo shoot for an ad campaign. Overall the internship opportunities that FIE can offer are expansive and range from large corporations to small independent companies, like my case. No matter what internship you are given by FIE, look at it with a positive attitude because you can always make the best of it. It really is an amazing experience that sets you apart from other students.

Moreover, FIE staff-- from the administration to the cleaning staff-- were friendly and welcoming. The administration staff was always available to advise us on traveling, shopping, and even doctors when someone got sick.

If you are interested in living in a city with great transportation, hundreds of years of history, a fashion week, beautiful parks, palaces, world renowned restaurants, and any type of food you crave, I strongly suggest London FIE program.

A Life-Changing experience

Honestly, studying abroad through FIE in London truly opened my eyes to who I am as a person and how I want to live the rest of my life. Living in London for 4 months allowed me to realize that I want to work in London after graduation and spend a significant portion of my life there. I absolutely loved my experience and cannot wait to move back.