European Study Abroad Center Header Image European Study Abroad Center Header Image

Internships in Prague

Unforgettable Experience

Before deciding to study abroad with ESAC, I had never left the country. I applied within 10 weeks of the program starting and Dr. Zamastil helped me to plan what tasks I needed to complete. She was quick to respond and even offered to speak to my school and parents to expediate the process of getting everything approved. I took a class and had an economic research internship at the Liberal Institut. There is a great balance between work and play, with an abundant amount of time to explore not only the beautiful city of Prague, but other European cities as well. I have studied abroad since and Prague is still my favorite city. The relationships that you build continue after the program (I actually met my boyfriend on this trip), and the summer I spent with ESAC is still my favorite one. All of the people I know who have taken this trip in the past would agree that it was one of the most beneficial decisions we made. Living in a foreign country forces you to become more independent and learn things that you wouldn't anywhere else. If you are looking for a study abroad program where you can meet great people and explore what Europe has to offer, then I definitely recommend going in the summer with ESAC!

Tyler Houston Internship Experience

While I was a part of the ESAC program the summer of 2015 I was lucky enough to have a fantastic internship with the Lobkowicz Collections in Prague. This internship also would not have been available to me without the help from the wonderful ESAC staff. My majors, Art History and History, did not fit the internships typically offered by ESAC. When I brought this up to the director, Kristine Zamastil, she immediately began helping me find an internship that would fit my studies. In what seemed like no time I was doing an online interview for the internship, thanks to Dr. Z.

My internship itself could not have been better. I spent my time split between a 1500s castle about 40 minutes outside of Prague and the Lobkowicz Palace in the castle complex in the heart of Prague. My main task was to help photograph, document, and file the graphics depository of the Lobkowicz art collection(one of the more extensive art collections in eastern Europe). During my time their I got valuable experience handling art work and seeing the behind the scenes of two very different museums.

While my internship specifically would not be the best for every student my experience surely would be. Not only did I get to receive college credit for an internship that greatly helps my resume. but I got to do it in the beautiful city of Prague. The program also helped to keep us active socially, offering multiple fun evenings like wine and steak tastings. All in all from start to finish my experience with ESAC could not have been better. From the first communication with ESAC I received constant help that made my trip the most productive it could be, they even helped me after the program was over because my internship ran longer! Great program and a very important experience.

Summer Internship at Holmes Place

The month I spent in Prague during July 2014 was single-handedly the most exciting experience of my entire life! The city itself is amazing and has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, history, and nightlife, and I couldn't have asked for a better program to experience all of it with. ESAC is a very organized program with staff members who are all friendly, knowledgeable, and incredibly helpful.

I remember getting super lost the very first day I arrived in Prague when I had to take a tram from the train station to the residence hall. I had no idea where I was and couldn't find anyone to ask so I called Dr. Zamastil and she spoke to me for about 20 minutes, alongside 3 other staff members, and walked me through exactly what I needed to do to get back to where I was supposed to be. Everyone was very helpful and very understanding.

The program offered a perfect balance of coordinated events and free time to go venture out on our own. There were wine tastings, tours of the city, group dinners and awesome restaurants, and two weekends of travel, including Vienna (optional) and the secret village which are both an absolute must. There were also plenty of optional events that were coordinated among the student advisors.

I opted to work as a marketing intern (as opposed to studying) at Holmes Place Health and Fitness Center. ESAC placed me with the company and helped get everything set up with the site director. Considering I only did it for the 4 weeks of the program, I feel like I really got a lot out of it. The internship was very flexible and stress-free, but also very goal oriented which was great because I felt like I was actually contributing something to the company, not just doing grunt work.

Overall, ESAC offers an incredible experience for a great value. Students are provided with meals, housing, a full month pass for transportation, a trip to the secret village, and are always kept up to date on everything that's going on. Even after completing the program students are invited to join a Facebook group with more than 400 ESAC alumni that is regularly updated with job postings, travel information, and study abroad articles. The time I spent abroad - all of the friends I made, fun I had, and travelling I was able to do - was truly invaluable. Everyone should be able to have this experience at least once and ESAC is the perfect study abroad organization to help you do that!

Summer Internship - KPMG

The ESAC program is an incredible opportunity to completely immerse yourself in a different country, obtain valuable work experience (if not taking classes), meet other peers with different perspectives from your own, and overall become a better person.

During my month stay in Prague, I was shocked at how different it was from my expectations. Having traveled quite a bit in the past, I was expecting Prague to generally be the same as the rest of Europe. But it wasn't - and that in itself was fantastic. Whether it was the food, the people, the nightlife; etc. it was a great opportunity to learn so much about a different country!

I had the privilege of working for KPMG for 4 weeks. During my time there, I learned a lot about how the office environment is different from that in the United Staes, and I also learned valuable skills that I will take with me in my future career path. For me, having a job gave me a purpose, other than the fact that I was taking in so much about Prague itself. It was very fulfilling to know that I was able to help out a global company.

And lastly, what really makes this experience great, is the people you meet. ESAC does a good job of getting students from all over the country. That provides the opportunity to gain different perspectives (from an American standpoint). Being with people like yourselves during this experience really helps to overcome the initial culture shock. And of course, who better to have a great night out with?

The ESAC program is the perfect balance between having planned events (such as visiting different companies, indulging in wine tasting, or going to a soccer game) and having your freedom. Nothing is more exhilarating than being completely free to do what you want in a different country!