European Study Abroad Center Header Image European Study Abroad Center Header Image

ESAC Summer Program in Prague, Business and Humanities

Awesome Program!

Studying in Prague was fantastic! I really enjoyed my time there. I loved getting to experience a new culture and learn about what they do in their daily lives. Going on site visits was definitely very fun and one of my favorite parts. Every hotel is different but going across the world to see a hotel is a completely different experience!
The program itself was very fun. The first few days were making sure we knew our way around the city and understanding a little bit of the culture. It was easy to understand and it wasn't too long before I was exploring the city with a small group of friends.

AMAZING is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

To say ESAC is just a summer program doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the impact this program had in my life. This was the first time I had traveled overseas with complete strangers I had never met, and it is by far still one of the best experiences I've ever had. The teachers are really passionate about this program, and really ensure that you have the best possible experience in Prague. The people that I was joined with in this program were also some of the best, and I still keep in touch with them to this day. If there is any program you can choose to be a part of, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ESAC! Kristine and David are THE BEST!

ESAC Experience of a Lifetime

ESAC was an amazing experience that allowed me to experience the world by being completely immersed. ESAC partners with a company called Global Players that allows student athletes in University to study abroad and to compete abroad. As an International Business major I gained valuable real life experience through the ESAC program. We visited local companies such as Pilsner brewing as well as International companies such as Radio Free Europe. we also were assigned to go on site visits of two businesses of our choice as well as well as a final project to market a product that is sold internationally. Going on the site visits really made us as students get out and experience Prague and to network and meet different business owners in the Czech Republic. The program was run incredibly well. We were provided lunches on the campus as well as living in the campus dorms. It was an incredible experience I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to study abroad. The courses were very well set up and I learned a lot from them, as well as the professors. It was an incredible experience.

Prague is amazing!

The City of Prague is filled with hundreds of years of history. Every corner you turn is breathtaking and is filled with cobblestone lined streets, shopping, fine dining and a night life that rivals most major European cities. You will find that your day and night time experiences will make it hard to leave. The education that is delivered at the VSE is both exciting and insightful. The European learning style is interesting, challenging and refreshing. You will have plenty of time to explore, and will not be overwhelmed with out of class school work. There is a little, but not so much to where you are stuck in your room. The weekends will allow you to explore the city, or venture out to other cities and experience what Europe has to offer.

My ESAC experience

This program is amazing, the staff is always there for you, and very well planned out for you to be fully involved on extra activities or your choice to not participate. They have amazing connections for you in any situation, whether you want to intern somewhere or just experience the program basics. You can travel easily to any country and they even provide you with tips on how to do so. They also can work with your budget, if you are wanting to go shopping then you can do plenty of that or you can just take a walk in the beautiful parks and bring a lunch. Great, great program.

AMAZING program overall, don't skip out!

Choosing ESAC as my study abroad program was one of the best decisions I made in college. Kristine is absolutely a wonderful woman - she is helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I never studied abroad before this, so I was a little nervous at first. ESAC put all of my worries at ease. They take care of you, but give you enough freedom too. I took a marketing class over there and I did an internship. The marketing class was captivating and the professor was different than most professors in the US, but nevertheless awesome. My internship was marketing/promoting for a popular bar in Prague ... could it get any cooler than that? I took a bunch of my friends that I made on the trip over there, we had an incredible time! The housing was safe, the price is right... if I could do it all over again I would definitely go with ESAC.

The time I thought Europe wouldn't be cool and realized I was Wrong!!

I had always heard about studying abroad and usually the flyers went straight to my recycling bin because whats so special about going somewhere I don't know the language and eating weird food. Well, I could not have been more wrong. With ESAC everything was planned to a T and I had so much fun that I almost forgot I wasn't really on vacation, in fact my original motive was to gain an extra semester of credits just to graduate early (one month and you couldn't get me on a plane home faster). Now instead I sit in envy of all the classmates after me who are roaming the streets of Prague, CZ, learning from the inside of a restaurant about successful business fundamentals, and don't even get me started on the food and shopping. If you're worried about the cost I promise you every dime I spent was put to good use and then some. Just go and fall in Love with studying abroad so I can say I told you so!

AMAZING!!!!

I have participated in four study abroad experiences and ESAC completely exceeds the competition! Prague is such a unique place culturally and historically. The administration fully integrates this into the program with a great balance of offered activities and free time for self exploration. You will absolutely get more than you pay for...such as lifelong friends!

An Amazing Summer

Enrolling in this program was by far one of the best decisions I have made! Everything is laid out entirely for you, which seemed a little summer camp-like at first, but that was not at all the case! We had the freedom to explore Europe, but still had fun-filled activities planned for when we didn't know what to do. The staff of this program is fabulous!! Kristine and David are so incredibly helpful with everything under the sun, and the professors are easy going and really want you to get the absolute best experience while in Prague. All advisors are Czech students, which was SO great - they give great insight on what to do and where to go. We had an absolute blast with them! To sum it up, ESAC helped me create a summer I will never forget and gave me friends from all over the country, and world! I am so thankful to have stumble upon this great program!!

Journey of a lifetime

if you are on the fence about choosing a program to study abroad, or to study abroad in general, look no further than ESAC. Not only is the program top notch, they also have locals leading the way. This was, hands down, the best experience of my life. If I wasn't graduating this spring, I would return again next summer. Prague is like a fairytale and the fact I was able to learn and grow as an individual in such a magical place has really broaden my perspective on everything. Anything is possible so long as you are open to amazing new experiences and take the risk of going to another country. ESAC is definitely the program to I would recommend to my dearest friends and family as well as complete strangers on the Internet. Just do it, I promise you it will be the journey of a lifetime.

A never never land experience that will change your life for the better!

This was the BEST EXPERIENCE I have ever had. Hands down. I always had a dream of traveling abroad, and took a rather non-conventional route to my college education and took time off to "find myself." Returning back to school, my main goal was to study abroad. When else do we have the ability to live in another country and learn at the same time? This was the best decision I could have made, studying in such a culturally rich, aesthetically pleasing and mind-blowing city really showed me that the world is your oyster. It is up to you to go out and seize opportunities! I'm SO GLAD I DID! The smile on my face right now as I write this and reflect.... Just do it. You won't regret it, I promise.

Excellent Experience in Prague 2014

I had the best summer of my life in Prague, this summer with ESAC. The program was very well organized and the administration and advisors were always available and willing to help us with any concerns that we had. The teachers made the classes enjoyable and managed to teach me more in one summer than I normally learn from teachers in one semester. Prague is a very young and fun city which made the nightlife exciting. Additionally, ESAC plans weekend trips which are a "must-go" as they take you to other places in Europe that are worth your time. The program has people from multiple cities in America and I made long-lasting friendships. Every penny was worth it this summer and if I could do it over, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The teachers that ESAC provided were very dedicated and understanding! They definitely taught us information that we can use in our everyday lives and they ensured to give us multiple exercises to make sure that we understand how to apply the knowledge.

The living situation was clean and comfortable. My roommate and I had one of the biggest rooms which gave us plenty space to store our suitcases and belongings. The dorms where we stayed were very convenient as they were near a tram stop that could take us anywhere we needed to be. It was also close to places to eat and had its own washing machines and gym!

The program enabled the students to "be free" and experience Prague on their own. The advisors were very helpful whenever we had questions but they encouraged us to wander and get to know Prague on our own. We also learned a few key terms in Czech which enabled us to communicate when shopping and going sightseeing.

The program was structured and was very well organized! We all received a schedule approximately one month before we went to Prague! This allowed us to carefully prepare for all of the activities that we would have. We also had advisors who helped us with any questions and concerns we had. We received constant updates about programs and opportunities and were always aware of what was going on.

I never felt threatened while in Prague.

Social Life:
It is such a fun and young city! There is always something to do!

Epic Prague Learning Adventure

I loved everything about the program, the team, the students, the help, the advisors, and how well they helped us in every situation. Many events, parties, dinners, and cultural events were planned which made for the entire summer to be memorable. Thank you!

Great program/Excellent value

A really great program. Easy application, immediate response, fair price and once in Prague, well, it was amazing. Staff were friendly and helpful without being around all the time, we had freedom. The visit to Radio Free Europe was fantastic and we had time for free travel.

Professor Holmes was amazing. Real world projects, lots of guest speakers.

Rooms were fine. Very close to the center of Prague, 10 minutes by tram, 20 minutes to classes.

Mostly Americans staying in the dorms, nobody else at the university in the summer but networking allowed us to meet business people.

Fantastic support. The Directors were amazing and the Professors and advisers helpful and friendly.

Social Life:
A++++++

ESAC Prague

Overall a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this program and Misa (the Czech teacher) is hot!

The classes were great, a mix of lectures, guest speakers, visits to businesses and a chance to meet some local managers. Bot classes had a paper requirement and a final exam but it was reasonable.

Dorms are fun! A little outdated but excellent location.

So much to do. Advisers have events every night, they take us to places the locals go. Really excellent trip to a secret village too.

Well organized, great people, super helpful, every aspect covered.

My first study abroad

I am thrilled that my first study abroad was through ESAC. The program helped and encouraged me to immerse myself in the Prague and Czech culture. By the end of the month I was able to converse with locals easily, something I was incredibly proud of. My academic experience was different than most because I completed an independent study with a teacher ESAC set me up with. Although I was not taking classes with the majority of my fellow students I never felt like I did not have support or friends from my fellow students as well as the teachers and administrators. I was extremely happy with my teacher and my classes. I also particularly liked the location of our dorms. While it was sometimes difficult to get take out food at the dorms, the tram stop was a mere block from the dorms- which became very important. Additionally, the suite style rooms were pleasantly surprising because I only had to share the two bathrooms in my suite with 6 people rather than the floor. The dorms were up to date and clean and provided security through a front desk worker and a scan code system. I enjoyed having the dorms out of the main part of the city because it was quite when we returned home at the end of the day.

Overall I am extremely happy that I got the opportunity to study abroad in an amazing city like Prague with an amazing program like ESAC that seemed to make it easy to culturally immerse and study in a foreign place for the first time.

ESAC study abroad summer 2016

Overall, my study abroad experience this Summer was amazing. From the beginning, ESAC provided detailed information that helped me get organized and prepared for going abroad. When I arrived in Prague, the group of people I was surrounded by, including the program directors, advisors, professors, and other students made me feel comfortable and safe.

I traveled before the program with one other girl for 9 days. We traveled through The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, and Hungary. Arriving in Prague was really refreshing and I have to say it was my favorite city. I would encourage anyone in ESAC in future years to take advantage of the other trips they offer to go on as a group such as Krumlov and the Karlienstein Castle. Seeing other parts of the Czech Republic was definitely worth it.

Just a few points of advise I have:

- Pack only what you really need and cannot get at a store once your abroad (ex: prescribed medicine)
- Use your free tram pass that is provided to you
(Once you figure it out, it is so much more cost effective than Ubering everywhere)
- Eat outside of your comfort zone
(Try new foods, don't just stick to the pizza and pasta you're used to)
- Be flexible
(If you get lost, don't freak out. Roll with the punches)
- Be realistic
(You won't get EVERYTHING done on your list for the day. It's OK! Go home, get some sleep, regroup in he morning)
- It's OK to branch off from the group.
(Take a friend with you, but go explore without the other 30 students!)
- Take school seriously.
(You get what you give! Remember the reason for this opportunity - the "studying" part.
- Go to the ESAC sponsored events
(Dinner at Jama, wine tasting, tours, etc)

Prague is BEAUTIFUL, safe, and this program made studying abroad affordable. It was the perfect amount of time to be away. I was skeptical at first about studying abroad, but it was honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made!

ESAC 2013 - It's been great

It has been a great time. All the advisors are friendly and willing to help. Prague is such a great city and I've had the time of my life.

ESAC 2013 - Prague

I am having a great time and this trip is definitely a once in a life time experience.The classes are interactive and educational which is what I came for.

ESAC2013

Awesome!

Surreal

Is this real life? It was a good experience.

Great experience in Prague

This is a great trip both academically and culturally.

Lots of fun

Lots of fun and I wished it never ended. Loads of adventure.