ETIV do Brasil Header Image ETIV do Brasil Header Image

Teach English in a Beautiful Beach Town

Volunteering experience with ETIV

I have volunteered for 3 months for ETIV do Brasil as an English teacher. It is located in a small town called Itacaré, in Bahia. I cannot explain how beautiful is this town. Amazing beaches, kind people, really good cuisine. But what made my experience even better was volunteering and being connected with local people. The volunteer house is located in a neighbourhood called Passagem, we started to give English classes for free in this bairro (neighbourhood in Portuguese) first. The kids are lovely and willing to learn! And every week we have new more students which is great to see! Now we are also teaching English in a public school and in another bairro! I absolutely loved my experience there! I believe that the acquisition of a second language or more is extremely important for a better understanding of ourselves, and really beneficial for our future, and this is why I chose to teach English. I really hope other volunteers like me would make the choice to volunteer with ETIV and help the kids in Itacaré!

Incredible experience in a beautiful location!

Without sounding too cheesy, my experience at ETIV do Brasil has had a huge impact on my life! Since my arrival I was incredibly well supported by all the members of the team! I felt so welcome and settled in almost immediately. Where the English projects were just starting out I got the opportunity to volunteer in other areas of the organisation for example marketing and recruitment and the environmental projects. Itacare is a great location; the people are really friendly, the beaches are stunning, and the nightlife is crazy! I would recommend ETIV to anyone considering volunteering in Brazil- not only is it a really affordable programme, but you'll also get so much flexibility in the work you do and you'll be helping make a difference in a community that really needs it!!

Teaching English in Itacare, Brazil

My experience teaching in this beautiful surf town in Brazil has been nothing short of Amazing!!! From the moment I arrived Jaci and Monique (the director and assistant director) were welcoming and supportive and stayed that way throughout my entire stay. The community and people of Itacare, especially in the Passagem area were so lovely and grateful to have us. The children that we taught are adorable although can be somewhat challenging! Although the organization is new they have integrated well and have so many positive relationships within the community. The surf and nightlife is fun as well! And the beaches and surrounding area are absolutely stunning! I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking for an affordable but quality experience in a beautiful surrounding volunteering!

Beautiful community!

I really enjoyed the time I spent volunteering with ETIV do Brazil. Participating in the project offered me the opportunity to get completely stuck into community life and get to know the amazing kids here! The team at ETIV are very supportive to new volunteers and although a new NGO, they are very keen to make a positive impact in the community.