ESMOD Paris Header Image ESMOD Paris Header Image

ESMOD Paris Undergraduate in Fashion Design

My experience at ISEM

Hello everybody , my name is Marie, I'm Currently at ISEM , in Paris , in second years and I would like to share with you my experience in this Fashion business school .
ISEM is a very interesting formation which groups together the marketing and fashion aspects, which allows you to work after the three years .
Every years you have to achieve an internship and for example I did my last one in New York for the American fashion designer Narciso Rodriguez , as a market assistant for accessories, during 3 months : an amazing experience.
So if you're interested in fashion and its market aspect I recommend you this formation

XoXo

A very good experience

I'm student from ESMOD Paris, and it's a very good experience. Esmod have a completed formation in fashion design and pattern maker. The teacher are all professional which allowed us to gain considerable experience. So I can recommended this school in France for a fashion school.

Esmod current student review

As a current ESMOD student, I would highly reccomend this school. Although it does have a hefty price tag, nowadays, most fashion schools do. Students pay for the highly knowledgable tutors and strong connections for employment after graduation. Esmod is the oldest fashion school in France and is very well known throughout the fashion world.
My experience here has been very positive. The school greatly concentrates on the technical side of fashion garnment making, and hence, we are provided top teachers, who have worked Under the direction of big fashion houses and that are now happy to pass on the knowledge they have learnt throughout their years of work.
When I first arrived at ESMOD, I did not even know how to put a thread through a sewing machine!!
I personally feel the school focuses more on the technical side rather than the artistic aspect of fashion, but it is important to know that ESMOD is a fashion school and not an art school!
Although we do have "stylisme" classes and are pushed to have our own universe and creative ideas, there are other more artistic schools that focus more on making art within fashion. Here, we really learn to make garnments with neat finishes and get to work in a studio like environment.
Furthermore, I was personally offered the opportunity to organize the yearly school fashion show, to promote student work from all year students to potential future students and their parents. It was a great opportunity to build a team, find an idea that would be appealing to spectators and put on a show!
The over all school atmosphere here is good and not as pretentious as other fashion schools can be, which personally was a deal breaker for me when I decided to come to this school. Furthermore, the school has great connections with employers all over the world which makes it easier for us to find internships and jobs post-graduation!

summer school en Esmod

my stay in France, through the ESMOD fashion school, was fantastic.
A very pleasant moment, really interesting teachers and nice students.
It learned many things, such as technical fashion, and is bathed in this world of Parisian fashion very rich.