Guatemala: Guatemala City
Length of Position
Two or more years
ROLE AND DUTIES OF PRINCIPAL OF CHRISTIAN AMERICAN SCHOOL OF GUATEMALA.
The Principal is part of a Divisional Administrative Team whose function is to support and
assist the schools in meeting the overall objectives of the Division and the needs of
The role of the Principal is to provide leadership, direction and co-ordination within the
The Principal's main focus should be to develop and maintain effective educational
programs within his/her school and to promote the improvement of teaching and learning
with his/her school. The Principal should strive to create an organization and or climate
which fosters student and teacher growth.
In fulfilling this role the Principal shall work under the owner's manager's supervision
The duties of the School Principal are all encompassing as all aspects of the schools
Operations are either directly or indirectly under his/her jurisdiction. In general terms of
The Principal shall be responsible for: (a) the detailed organization of the school; (b) the
Development of the instructional program; (c) the assignment of duties to and the
Supervision of members of his staff and: (d) the general operation of the school facility.
The amount of time a Principal will be able to devote to administrative duties will vary
According to the size and grade level of the school, the amount of time released from
Teaching and the demands of a particular year.
* The school will help you find housing if needed.
* Very good salary for Guatemala.
* Excellent group of friendly teachers who work together as a team.
* Students and parents are helpful and eager to learn; we rarely experience discipline problems.
The Principal should ideally have the following qualifications: a teaching credential from the United States, 5 or more years of teaching experience, an administrative credential from the United States, and experience in a supervisory or administrative role. Having a Masters degree is preferred. The teachers and students should see the Director as an exemplary teacher who is also a strong manager. The Director should be a United States citizen who went through the American education system and speaks English as a first language. The Director should not speak English with a foreign accent. The Director must also be fluent in Spanish. With the students and English teachers, the Director must speak in English, but with the parents, Spanish teachers, and secretaries, Spanish is essential.
* Preferably having missionary vocation
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree needed, Master's degree desirable.
* Teaching credential if possible.
* Patience and ability to teach students who are learning English as a second language.
* Experience living in a foreign country or the ability to adapt and be flexible to living in a developing country.
* Being of Christian faith or embracing Christian values is necessary because it is a daily part of our school.
USD1,300.00, plus housing, airfare, and daily transportation to the school
American and Canadian Participants.
in Groups of 10
Mission: To educate each student in a multicultural environment with the best teachers, resources, campus, and technology to grow intellectually, physically and spiritually to be successful anywhere in the world.