Enforex - Spanish in The Spanish World Header Image Enforex - Spanish in The Spanish World Header Image

Enforex Spanish Schools - Granada (Spain)

The price was right

After graduating from university I decided to put off joining the real world and, based on my study abroad experience in Salamanca through my university, decided to return to Spain (this time in Granada).

Enforex is a language school and is a bit different from a typical study abroad program. There were about 4-5 classrooms each teaching various levels of Spanish. Individuals can sign up for one, two, three, or how every many weeks you want. This was cool because it allows for a flexible schedule (if you were traveling you could sign up for only 2 weeks to brush up on your Spanish) but that type of structure also takes away the intimacy of the typical classroom setting (kinda interrupts the rhythm if you get me).

Classes were pretty laid back - it was nice to only have about 6 students per teacher. Lesson plans were cool but again, they lacked something b/c they had to cater to the 'weekly' students (even though you were placed into classes based on skill level). I think I would have gotten more out of it if I had lived with Spanish speaking roommates and did my homework every night.

The teachers were really cool and willing to lend a hand if you needed help outside of the classroom (e.g., making travel plans). There were weekly excursions to museums, galleries, etc.

Students were okay - there were some 'righteous' people I met there but I choose to only chill with one or two of them (maybe b/c my roommates, who were not in the school, were really cool).

Location was pretty solid - Granada isn't a huge city but the school was in a good spot.

When all is said and done I think that the program would be great for those who want to learn Spanish and only have a short time to do so. I wouldn't recommend it for an extended stay (5+ weeks) only because I think a typical study abroad program is better for that -- but then again the price was right.