Emory Psychology in the UK
Spend five weeks in Ireland and Great Britain on a study abroad program with Emory University: Center for International Programs Abroad researching for a cross-cultural child development project. Students learn about the Scottish and Irish educational systems in two weeks, observing and interacting with school children in elementary schools and playgrounds in Dundee, Scotland, or Galway, Ireland. For the remaining three weeks, students attend classes at the University College London, where they discuss research results and prepare a written report.
1. Earn eight credit hours studying Psychology and Child Development in Ireland and Great Britain.
2. Conduct original research project with the help of program faculty.
3. Explore Dundee in Scotland and Galway in Ireland, and experience their cultures.
4. Spend two weeks studying at the prestigious University College London.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Cost in US$:
Please inquire for the program cost for Summer.
Program Fees Include:
The total cost of the program includes an academic fee for eight credit hours, cultural activities and excursions and a program fee for insurance, room, and breakfast daily. Accommodations are provided in bed and breakfasts and in University College London residence Hall. Several dinners are also included both on site and in London, as well as guided tours, culturally-related field trips, theater excursions in London, and transportation from Dundee or Galway to London.
In addition, student surveys indicate that, on average, the majority of participants spend from USD 100 - USD 199 per week on meals, USD 100-199 per week on entertainment, travel, and non-living expenses, and USD 1,000-1,500 for round-trip airfare to and from England.
- Introductory course in psychology or equivalent; minimum 2.0 GPA; good academic standing; at least 18 years of age; completion of a full year of college; and currently enrolled in a college/university.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Guest House
Scholarships are Available
Application Process Involves
- Online Application