Ecuador: Ambato, Manta, Mindo and 7 other cities
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Participants in the Ecuador programs must speak Spanish at an intermediate level or higher and be prepared to live and work in a Spanish speaking environment. ELI can arrange for language lessons to complement the program. Teaching volunteers must be prepared to plan and lead classes. Participants should also be flexible, adaptable, and open to experiencing a new culture. Participants should also be prepared with some teaching materials.
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Cost in US$:
Costs vary. Please contact us for details
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Volunteers are met at the airport in Quito and provided with transportation to their host family.
* Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ecuador, city tours, help with transportation, and optional Spanish classes
In-country Staff Support
* ELI's Ecuador coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Ecuador. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ecuadorian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
- Computer Training
- English Teaching
There is no typical ELI volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. ELI has placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic, and inquisitive.
18 and up
This Program is open to
Worldwide, American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application