2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Throughout the year
The veterinary internship is open to pre-vet students, veterinary students, vet tech students, and licensed veterinarians. These placements are competitive, so students will be asked to submit a copy of their transcripts for acceptance to the veterinary internship program. The minimum time requirement is 4 weeks, and space is limited.
- Animal Sciences
- Zoology & Wildlife Sciences
Cost in US$:
We offer some of the lowest program fees in Dublin! Visit our website for cost breakdown.
- Emergency evacuation services
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
Participants may choose to stay with a local host family, student residence (only available certain months), or participants may arrange their own housing.
* Host Families provide participants with their own room, two meals a day, and laundry.
* Participants in the Student Residence will live with up to three other international interns or students, dorm style. Participants have a single room, shared bath, kitchen, and living room. The residences include cable, internet access, and furnished kitchens. Please note, no food is included.
Start Dates: We ask that participants always arrive on a Sunday and there are set arrival dates during the summer.
- Animal Welfare
- Veterinary Science
ELI participants tend to be independent, motivated, fun and flexible.
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of (varies by season)
Scholarships are Available
Check out ELI's Scholarship Essay Contest.
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home