ELI volunteers bathing the elephants ELI volunteers bathing the elephants

Museum & Art Gallery Internships in Dublin

Great work experience in a foreign country

The application process was easy and I had plenty of helpful and attentive staff to help me with any questions that I had. I liked being able to log in and see a simple checklist of what I needed to have done. Malissa Spero, my advisor, was very helpful and knowledgeable and always responded to my queries in a timely fashion.

I got my orientation through International, an Irish company. They gave me some good information on where to go and what to do in the city. They also provided a network of friends for me to reach out to while I was in Ireland.

I did a 9 week internship with the National Museum of Ireland. I was lucky enough to have a great boss who gave me a good project that I was able to work on my entire time. The project was creating and conducting a survey. It was above and beyond what I thought it would be. I got great work experience in a foreign country and memories that will last a lifetime.

I stayed at the Gateway Student Village. My room was small, but I really just slept there. The location offered quick and easy access to city center, so if I didn't spend much time in my room.

My coordinators, David and his team, were great, they didn't just make sure I was ok, they did everything they could to make sure that I had the best experience possible.