Ecuador: Ambato, Galapagos Islands, Manta and 5 other cities
Throughout the year
Throughout the year
Participants in the Ecuador programs must speak Spanish at an intermediate level or higher and be prepared to live and work in a Spanish speaking environment. ELI can arrange for language lessons to complement the program. Participants should also be flexible, adaptable, and open to experiencing a new culture. This program is designed for interns with a demonstrated interest in medicine such as coursework, certifications, or previous medical volunteer experience. Internships are also available for students studying nursing, physical therapy, and to become physician's assistants.
- Biomedical Science
- Health Administration
- Health Sciences
- Kinesiology & Exercise Science
- Physical Therapy
Cost in US$:
Costs vary. Please contact us for details
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's knowledgeable staff is happy to help you prepare for your international travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Quito and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ecuador, city tours, help with transportation, and optional Spanish classes
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Ecuador coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Ecuador. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ecuadorian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
- This program is designed for pre-medical students. Participants must have a demonstrated interest in medicine such as coursework, past volunteer experience, or certifications (i.e. EMT, RNA, CNA, First Aid, etc.). This program is also open to medical school students, nursing students, physical therapy students, and physician's assistant students.
This Program is open to
Worldwide, American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application