Experience volunteering abroad in the Philippines with ELI. ELI works with local organizations in the Philippines that bring aid to underprivileged children including street children, orphans and students from poor families. Volunteers will be placed in a position based on their interests and skill level as well as the current needs of the local organization. Each participant will be able to experience the welcoming and giving culture of the Philippines firsthand by staying with a local host family.
The Philippines is a breathtaking nations made 7,000 tropical islands covered in sandy white beaches, turquoise waters, rice terraces, moist rainforests and astonishing volcanoes. Volunteer in this beautiful location and experience the Philippines rich culture and traditions through this volunteer placement with ELI.
1. Learn about the culture and people of the Philippines by working with local organizations.
2. Experience the famous hospitality of the Philippines while staying in a homestay during the program.
3. Visit several islands of the Philippines and explore the beaches, trails and waters, during weekend off.
4. Give of your time to help make improvements in the people and buildings of the community.
5. Placements are based on the interests and skill level of the participant.
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week, 3-6 Month
Open to all 18 and older.
Cost in US$:
Varies depending on duration. Contact us for details
- In-country orientation/Training
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
Pre-departure Support: ELI's expert staff will be happy to assist you with planning your trip
Airport Pickup: Participants are met when they arrive at the airport in Tacloban and brought to their homestay
In-Country Orientation: Each program starts with a 2-3 day orientation to help participants get their feet on the ground and able to navigate the island.
In-country Staff Support: ELI's coordinator in the Philippines has years of experience working with Volunteers She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
Accommodations: Participants stay in with local host families and experience the warm hospitality of the Philippines and are provided with home cooked meals.
- Community Health
- English Teaching
- Public Education
- Street Kids
There is no typical ELI volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. ELI has placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic, and inquisitive.
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typically Participants Work