9-12 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
Throughout the year
throughout the year
Participants should have at least an intermediate level of Spanish proficiency and be ready to work in a 100% Spanish speaking environment.
- Biomedical Science
- Environmental Studies
- Food Science & Nutrition
- Health Sciences
- Kinesiology & Exercise Science
- Physical Therapy
Cost in US$:
Cost varies. Please inquire for details
- Written materials abroad
- Written materials pre-departure
- Registration fees
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are provided with transportation to their host family or apartment
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two hour orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Chile. Spanish classes are also provided for an extra fee.
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Chile coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Chile. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Housing is not included but we can help participants choose between staying with a local host family or in an apartment.
- A background in education is required to work in Public Schools
- Biological Research
- Disability Issues
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Public Health
There is no typical ELI volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. ELI has placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic, and inquisitive.
18 and older
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application