ELFI - Ecole de Langue Francaise et d'Informatique Header Image ELFI - Ecole de Langue Francaise et d'Informatique Header Image

Intensive French Courses

A rewarding experience

I highly recommend ELFI to anybody interested in taking a French immersion course in Geneva. You will find a very comfortable and friendly environment. The instructors and staff are very very capable indeed. The small size of the school makes it a relatively intimate experience and renders the administrative staff very accessible. The administrative staff are very helpful not just with the course but also with navigating through the Swiss administrative processes. The course material is very good and introduces students to themes and issues that are both very current and essential to French culture. Students are encouraged to speak and develop their conversational skills. Of course like with any other course you get what you put in. But all in all I really enjoyed my experience at ELFI and if I have another chance to study there again I will.

Intensive French course

My experience in taking the Intensive French Class in ELFI is excellent. The staffs are very accommodating and helpful. The teachers are all native French speakers, very friendly and eager to teach. The school is very well located in the Geneva city center, and close to train stations. I am a total beginner in French when I came to ELFI and I am happy that I've been able to pass my DELF B1.

I highly recommend this school.

A great experience from day 1 for 2 years

I had a wonderful experience at ELFI. From the first day I arrived they were very helpful, and have been so even now that I am no longer studying. They would be willing to help with anything, were very accommodating and would always go the extra mile. The cost of the fees are reasonable and the quality of the classes vary with the teacher and/or class, but lectures are always good quality and at a decent pace to ensure that everyone is learning together.

I would recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn French. If you just want to learn a little, their A level classes are quick and easy. If you want to get into university or international organisations, their B and C level French courses are very comprehensive and still easy to follow. The administration is friendly and top notch, and will happily assist you with your learning requirements.

Excellent

I studied French at ELFI from September 2015-January 2016. In that time I went from being unable to speak a word of French to level A2. I cannot recommend the school enough; the teaching is fantastic, everyone is extremely friendly and the staff are happy to help you with any problems you may have during your time in Switzerland. The class is taught in a way that you begin speaking French from the very first day, and it is quite amazing how quickly everyone progresses. Add in the fact that it is the most affordable school in Geneva and you would be crazy to go anywhere else.
To everyone at ELFI: thank you for the amazing experience. You are all great!

Awesome

Being a student of ELFI I had an extraordinary experience. It not only gives you French classes , but also gives general culture knowledges of Francophone countries.

It is a multicultural ambiance,
with native teachers qualified and students from everywhere.

To finish, I passed my DELF B2 thanks to the course took
Thank you very much!!!

A great experience

I had a great experience at Elfi School, it's a friendly environment.
Though I stayed only one month I improved a lot my French. My teachers were great, creative and willing to help as well as the administration staff.
I had awesome classmates who became my friends.
I would heartily recommend this school.
I miss being an Elfi student.

Great

I attended the school from May to October of 2014. Before entering the program, my french level was at a high beginner's level. In the 6 months that I studied at ELFI, I have progressed to a B2 level. I am now confident speaking to french speaking individuals and I am no longer apprehensive about communicating with the locals in general. The classes are small and there is a well balanced combination of reading, writing, listening, and speaking exercises. The school is right off the train station in Geneva, therefore very central and easy to get to. The management staff is friendly and attentive. The teachers are all native French speakers and they truly care about whether we understand the material taught and whether we understand what they are explaining.
My experience at ELFI was great, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve their French.

A Great School

I studied at ELFI intensively from May 2013 through July 2014. In this time I made tremendous progress with my French.

The Structure of ELFI's program allows you to progress quickly without compromising on ensuring a strong understanding of the fundamentals of French. The teaching staff are encouraging and supportive, always making themselves available to answer questions, explain anything you are struggling with and provide additional support and practice. In addition, the regular in class tests for each module provide a clear understanding of where you are doing well and the areas that you may need to do further work. I particularly valued this approach as some of Geneva's other schools don't provide this level of support and testing to gauge your progress. As a result, I was able to pass the DELF B2 level test in March 2014.

In addition, the support staff are extremely helpful. They were more than happy to accommodate my requests for assistance and working with the teaching staff create a great atmosphere in which to learn a language.

As a former student of a couple of Geneva's other language schools, I can wholeheartedly recommend ELFI as a great school, in terms of the quality of the teaching and support you receive as well as its cost effectiveness.

A course that works

I studied at ELFI from May 2013 - July 2014. While I had some level of French prior to joining ELFI, my skills and competencies really accelerated during my time at ELFI.

The program they offer with extremely capable and focused teachers with regular testing to gauge your progress and highlighting the areas for improvement. The courses are also designed to help you develop the core skills and competencies that are required to pass the DELF tests.

This education and support that I received from the ELFI team was invaluable in helping me to pass DELF B2.

Additionally, the team were also extremely helpful in assisting me with a number of administrative tasks related to test enrolments, job applications etc.

Having studied at other French language schools in Geneva, I can wholeheartedly recommend ELFI for French language study that will allow you to fully develop your skills but also to do so in a cost effective manner.

Best place to learn French in Geneva

I had an absolutly great time at ELFI !

- Excellent quality of teaching.
- Many classes in the morning and afternoon, which allowed me to get teaching at the right level
- I met lovely people from all over the world.
- The school is located in the center of Geneva (close to the train station) and the facilities are very nice
- The managment and admin staff was always there for me and willing to help if i had problems or questions.
- Not expensive in comparison with other schools/ courses in Geneva

Intensive French class

For the two years i was in ELFI i enjoyed every single moment of it.
When i arrived in ELFI, i could not mention a word in french but within
a few months i was already speaking the language.
ELFI has the best teachers u will ever need for french, they are so
commited to their work and they pay close attention to every student, so
nomatter your french level u will always feel at home when in ELFI.
Their teaching methods are really good because u are even involved in
co-curricular activities outside school which helps u to learn more
about the suisse culture and discover different places within Geneva. U
will also have the opportunity to interact with so many people because
the school is located right at the heart of Geneva where french is the
official language. Come meet Mr. Fracois Zarro the school director, he
is so welcoming, understanding and most of all very down to earth. He
helped me during my visa process while still in Uganda and even now that
am out of school i still go to him for advice. I am a proud Almuni of
Elfi. LONG LIVE ELFI, LONG LIVE FRANCOIS!!!!

Had a great time!

I studied at ELFI for a year and half. That was really good experience and of course I've learned to speak French. They teach not only with the textbook but also with various ways and the pace of class fitted me. I appreciate it a lot.
Moreover the students came there from all over the world, so I made many kinds of friends!

I'm very glad I chose ELFI as my French school!

Intensive French Course in Geneva

I found the flexibility of both morning or afternoon classes extremely important so there were no gaps in my French studies due to work and other commitments. The courses are a great value and the quality of instruction outstanding as the instructors are very interested in assisting you in attaining your goals. If you need extra practice or attention to a particular aspect of the language, the instructors are eager to provide you with additional materials and to take the time to provide personal feedback to you. Additionally, the administration was extremely helpful in assisting me navigate the rules and procedures for obtaining a student and resident visa in Geneva. In my time at ELFI the atmosphere provided the opportunity to make numerous friends and have a very positive social experience in Geneva in addition to advancing my French to a level that has greatly enhanced my professional profile and provided new opportunities.

Great School

I had a very nice experience at ELFI, I studied there for 4 months, I learned a lot of things and I gained the necessary French skills to deal with the different situations everyday, the curriculum was very good and planned very well.
The teachers are friendly and professionals and the administration are kind and helpful.
I met new friends from all over the world which they have a different cultures and different languages.
Simply you feel like you are at your home, and if I have to chose again a school to learn French, certainly I will chose ELFI.

Un experience excellente

I studied at ELFI for three months. Excellent instruction, great fun and interaction with people from all over the world. One teacher in particular, Aurelie Pichard, was superb. If I get the chance to return to Geneva for some time, I'll go to ELFI again.
But the coffee wasn't hot enough :)
Merci à tous.

• The Campus

Excellent school for French in Geneva!

The Intensive French Class at ELFI was excellent. The instructors were knowledgeable and created easy-to-follow & interactive lesson plans (thank you Fanny!). The 3 hour classes moved at a very nice pace. I learned the basics of French very quickly. The instructors always made themselves available after class for questions which was very helpful. Francois Zarro, the School Director, also made the application process very easy for me. I was a bit nervous searching for a school in Geneva from the US & he made me feel very comfortable throughout the process. I highly recommend ELFI for those wanting to learn French in Geneva.

Excellent School

The Intensive French Class at ELFI was excellent. The instructors were
knowledgeable and created easy-to-follow & interactive lesson plans. The
3 hour classes moved at a very nice pace. I learned the basics of French
very quickly. The instructors always made themselves available after
class for questions which was very helpful. Francois Zarro, the School
Director, also made the application process very easy for me. I was a
bit nervous searching for a school in Geneva from the US & he made me
feel very comfortable throughout the process. I highly recommend ELFI
for those wanting to learn French in Geneva.

• The Campus

Finally at a level of French that I'm happy with!

Studying at ELFI was the most wonderful experience for me. I have lived in France for the past 12 years but up till recently had not had the chance to study French for more than a couple of weeks (due to work commitments). I have always worked in English here and have always felt frustrated that my progress with French was so slow. I decided to take a break from work and took the opportunity to study French intensively at ELFI for 2 months. What a great decision! It is a fantastic school, with wonderful teachers and staff and I was made to feel immediately part of the family. Finally I feel that I have reached a level of French that I am happy with and I feel so confident with it. I have sat the DELF exam (level B2) in June passed with flying colours. I feel really proud of myself!! I cannot recommend ELFI enough!

• The Campus

Elfi French Language Class (June 2011)

I really enjoyed the classes at Ecole Elfi as they are in line with the certification programs. My goal is to gain proficiency up to level B1/B2 in order to work in French, and Ecole Elfi has been wonderful at helpine me move towards this. The teachers are wonderful, the director is great and they make the classes fun and interactive for everyone who participates. If you would like to take some few months off, and learn French in Geneva, Switzerland - I highly recommend coming here.

Intensive French class

I would like to express my admiration and particular thanks to Elfi
Course for the excellent opportunity to learn the French language in
this period of July/2013.

I found there an extremely favorable environment for studies, with a
highly prepared and committed staff.

The management, teachers and support team are very competent as well as
friendly and kind.

Thank you very much!

George Cotting

• The Campus

Excellent immersion, good quality teaching.

The Elfi intensive french courses very quickly gave me the confidence
and ability to feel comfortable speaking french. The teaching standards are excellent and the environment provides total immersion. As a school director Francois has shown good involvement in assuring the students' experience is a positive one. He also organised an excellent Christmas party!

I took around 4 and a half months of courses at Elfi, starting at A2 level and eventually finishing level B2 (including the DELF exam). Shortly afterwards I gained employment in a fully francophone professional environment. I attribute much of my progression to the quality of these courses.

Education at ELFI

Education at ELFI is an extraordinary experience that not only gives you
the freedom to talk French fluently, but also gives a lot of interesting
knowledges about the culture of the country, information about the way
of life of the population of Francophone countries, and in general of
the world around (as students are natives of different countries ).
Certainly you will find new friends there.
The teachers are qualified and able not only to explain well the
material, but also to find an individual approach to each student.
I would like to express special gratitude to my teacher, who helped me a
lot and instilled a love to this language and interest in learning. I
have not missed a single class and after one year of studying I was able
to pass my B2 exam successfully.
Thank you very much!!!

French in Geneva

I had a great time studying French at ELFI. The administration were fabulous and catered to my needs. I met students from all over the world and everyone was there for the same reason, to improve their French. The classes were great as they were a full immersion, the teacher only spoke French. That may seem daunting however it was the best way to learn. My only regret is that my stay was too short. I am now planning my next course.
Merci ELFI.

Excellent Experience

I studied French at ELFI from April 2015-November 2015. When I started the lessons, my french was very limited and it was hard for me to express myself. Thanks to ELFI I started to progress very fast and my speaking improved a lot. It is an excellent school, the teachers are great and all the staff is very helpful and friendly. Additionally, it has an excellent location, 2 min walking distance from Cornavin Station and the prices are affordable. My experience was excellent and I would recommend ELFI to everyone.

• The Campus

From 0 to DELF B2 Diploma :)

I studied in ELFI for a year and a half. Honestly speaking, I didn’t know any French word that time. Back then, I had no exposure to French language. I went to school a week late, not even knowing how to introduce myself in French. It’s the professors who have helped me a lot. Because of them I had progressed and I didn’t even imagine myself speaking the language fluently like I do now.

The classes were intensive and the quality of teaching is excellent. The professors are organized and systematic in teaching the students considering that we came from all over the world and we speak different languages. During those times, I've met great people and gained friends. Through ELFI, I was exposed to French culture because we also celebrate the country's festivals inside the class and we celebrate it with the other students from the other classes.

I passed the DELF B2 because of ELFI. :)
I had the pleasure of learning French in this school. It was a great experience. :)