Elective Abroad Inc. Header Image Elective Abroad Inc. Header Image

Elective Abroad: The Surgery Elective Program

How I found the surgical program in Tanzania and Kenya.

I had the time of my live with this program! I went back a second time and had an even better experience. Jevis and the guys running elective abroad really know how to make an experience enjoyable and productive!

Internship Placement:
I was given an anatomy lesson in the OR by the head surgeon of Malindi district hospital, Kenya. This program provided a stellar introduction to surgery, both assisting and scrubbing into various minor surgeries.

I participated in this program twice, and both times lucked out with very comfortable, safe accommodations

I participated in this program in Arusha, Tanzania, and lived in a house in the outskirts of the city, adjacent from mt. Meru. The experience was incredible. I felt so comfortable with the people. For example, I would play soccer with thirty or so kids from our village almost every day after coming home from the hospital.

I am personally very good friends with the coordinator of the program. He was my mentor in another program, and we have remained close friends. I trust the program to lead a smooth and efficient operation.

How I found the surgical program in Tanzania and Kenya.

Internship Placement: