El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador  Header Image El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador  Header Image

El Nomad Spanish Language and Culture Program (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)

• The Campus

Semester below the Equator

The semester I spent in Cuenca with El Nomad is an experience that I will never forget. You are truly immersed into the culture and improve your Spanish skills like you would never believe. The support I received from the staff and host family was more than I ever imagined - by the end of my semester, I felt like I was a true member of the family!
I also participated in several excursions which were always mind-blowing with the scenery and vibrant culture. Plus, my courses at the Universidad de Cuenca were nearly as challenging as those back home and my fellow classmates were really friendly and open.

• The Campus

Study Abroad in Cuenca, Ecuador

The experience I had in Cuenca was top-notch. I immersed myself and got to make friends with whom I chose, rather than forcing myself to make friends with people in a program.

My Spanish improved SIGNIFICANTLY. I always feel like I'll falter, but then everything comes out in a nice stream for a while. The more I practiced, the better I got.

I learned SO MUCH about the culture of my city. I never really felt like a tourist - I felt like a local.

I'm so glad that I came by myself, alone, and volunteered. I would not have done this any other way.