El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador  Header Image El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador  Header Image

El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador

Verified

El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador Programs

Spanish Language and Culture Program in Ecuador

Earn university credit and engage in fun, conversation-based Spanish language and culture classes at the Universidad de Cuenca in Ecuador. Live in a modern, centrally located...

Professional Internships in Ecuador

Intern in Cuenca, Ecuador, with El Nomad Study Abroad Programs and have the adventure of a lifetime. Gain professional international experience while living like a local

This program has been saved 4 times

Ecuador

El Nomad Spanish Language and Culture Program (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)

El Nomad Study Abroad Programs academic year offerings introduce students to a new culture and way of life. These programs help solidify participants' Spanish language skills...

El Nomad Volunteer Program: Ecuador

Combine hands-on volunteering with the adventure of living immersed in Ecuadorian culture with El Nomad Study Abroad Programs. Volunteers will gain valuable experience and...

This program has been saved 2 times

El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador Reviews

Semester below the Equator

The semester I spent in Cuenca with El Nomad is an experience that I will never forget. You are truly immersed into the culture and improve your Spanish skills like you would never believe. The support I received from the staff and host family was more than I ever imagined - by the end of my semester, I felt like I was a true member of the family!
I also participated in several excursions which were always mind-blowing with the scenery and vibrant culture. Plus, my courses at the Universidad de Cuenca were nearly as challenging as those back home and my fellow classmates were really friendly and open.

Program: El Nomad Spanish Language and Culture Program (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)

8 / 10

Study Abroad in Cuenca, Ecuador

The experience I had in Cuenca was top-notch. I immersed myself and got to make friends with whom I chose, rather than forcing myself to make friends with people in a program.

My Spanish improved SIGNIFICANTLY. I always feel like I'll falter, but then everything comes out in a nice stream for a while. The more I practiced, the better I got.

I learned SO MUCH about the culture of my city. I never really felt like a tourist - I felt like a local.

I'm so glad that I came by myself, alone, and volunteered. I would not have done this any other way.

Local, Authentic and Caring

I completed my almost 300 hours of internship requirement the summer of 2010 with El Nomad. I lived in Cuenca, only a mile or so from the El Nomad office. From day one I felt so taken care of and I knew if I ever needed any help or assistance Arturo or Rebecca would be there in a heartbeat- even at 9 months pregnant!

I really appreciated how there never was a middle man with El Nomad, especially having experienced that with other exchange programs before. I appreciated supporting a local agency with real ties to the country, its people and culture.

I will never forget after the 6.9 earthquake and less than 60 seconds later, receiving a call from El Nomad making sure I was okay- not something I would ever have expected from any other organization. Even 2 years later I still feel like I have a family in Cuenca and I have El Nomad to thank for that amazing feeling.

All in all, a highly recommended organization and country!

Program: Professional Internships in Ecuador

9 / 10

• The Campus

A great program run by great people

El Nomad gave us a wonderful welcome on our very first night to Cuenca! They took us out for local cuisine at a fantastic restaurant. When we needed help planning a trip to the coast, we told them what we wanted, and they used their contacts to create an amazing experience at a great price. They are willing to tailor their programs to your needs and have many contacts to ensure that the experience you receive is of the highest quality.

Program: Spanish Language and Culture Program in Ecuador

10 / 10

Once (maybe twice) in a lifetime experience!

Working with El Nomad in my immersion experience far exceeded all of my expectations. I was unprepared for the amount of amazing content I was exposed to and I would recommend El Nomad for further excursions to Ecuador. The program was set up in a way where I was allowed to experience the beauty of a deeply beautiful latin american country, but also free to be myself and blaze my own path, tailored towards my interests.

Program: Professional Internships in Ecuador