Rural Medical Outreach - Madagascar
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week
* Although specific qualifications are not required for this project, medical students will definitely benefit from this project and gain a large amount of experience, as well as learn to adapt to a rural environment.
* Volunteers need to be hard working, mature, motivated and able to show initiative.
* Good health and physical fitness are also required.
* Volunteers also need to be confident with speaking English and knowledge of French is a benefit, though not essential.
* Medical professionals are very welcome too and would find the work extremely fulfilling.
Cost in US$:
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
* All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
* Pick up & drop off from Fort Dauphin airport
* 24/7 emergency support
* Orientation & Training
* 3 Meals a day
* Project Related Transport
* Project T-shirts
* Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
* Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
* Assistance with optional activities and tours
* Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
* Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
* Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
- Community Development
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Public Health
- Senior Citizens
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2-6
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is