Lemur Research and Biodiversity Monitoring - Madagascar
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week
* Specific qualifications are not required for this project, although volunteers will need to have a love for the environment and be comfortable in nature.
* Volunteers need to be confident with speaking English and knowledge of French is very beneficial but not essential.
* Good health and physical fitness is a necessity, as the program entails spending long periods of time in the field and there is a reasonable amount of walking involved.
* Those who have experience, or interest in field work are welcome to join this program.
* Independent researchers are also accepted, by sending a research proposal.
Cost in US$:
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
* All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
* Pick up & drop off from Fort Dauphin airport
* 24/7 emergency support
* Orientation & Training
* 3 Meals a day
* Project Related Transport
* Project T-shirts
* Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
* Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
* Assistance with optional activities and tours
* Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
* Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
* Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
- Biological Research
- Community Development
- Human Rights
- Tree Planting
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2-6
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is