Equine Management and Wildlife Conservation - Zimbabwe
9-12 Week, 5-8 Week, 2-4 Week
* Able to carry out a rising trot and canter
* Have experience of handling different horses
* Every equine volunteer will be required to carry out a short riding assessment on their first day to check suitability for the the program
* Maximum weight limit of 80kg as horses are not strong enough to carry more than that for long periods and participants will often be in the saddle the majority of the day.
* Must bring your own protective riding helmet and closed shoes (riding boots are not required unless you wish to bring them).
* Volunteers need to be hard working, mature, motivated and able to show initiative.
* Good health and physical fitness are also required.
* Volunteers also need to be confident in speaking English.
Cost in US$:
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
* All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
* Pick up & drop off from Harare airport
* 24/7 emergency support
* Orientation & Training
* Accommodation in our Volunteer House
* 3 Meals a day
* Project Related Transport
* Project T-shirts
* Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
* Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
* Assistance with optional activities and tours
* Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
* Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
- See qualifications
- Animal Welfare
- Building & Construction Projects
- Trail Building
- Tree Planting
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is