Spend your days immersed in a colourful South African town - teaching English to the locals, organising activities for pre-school kids, uplifting underprivileged children and assisting with other community projects in and around the beautiful Garden Route area.
Volunteers are part of multiple dynamic projects privately run by Edge of Africa, including:
* Kadiki Kids Project
* Teaching and Helping Literacy & Numeracy in Pre-Schools
* Funda English Project
* Assisting with Teaching English to Children & Adults
* Working with Street Kids and other Youth from Disadvantaged Backgrounds
* HIV / AIDS & TB Awareness Project
* Helping home-based carers with people affected by HIV / AIDS and volunteering in workshops held to educate children about the disease
* Volunteers have various duties attached to these ongoing projects. We are always in need of fresh ideas and positive input to help us reaching as many people as possible and making an actual tangible difference in their lives!
* Multiple Projects - Volunteers experience all aspects of community volunteering
* Work with children under the age of six in our Pre-Schools Teaching Program
* Help teenagers and young kids with problem backgrounds learn the skills to ensure a brighter future for themselves in our Youth Centre Development Project.
* Give the gift of the English language to groups of individuals wanting to better their lives.
* Be part our HIV / AIDS & TB Awareness Program, providing education and care to poorer communities.