Working With Children in a Day Care Center | Quito, Ecuador
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks
- Skills: There are no requirements for volunteers, but they should have initiative and love working with children. A basic level of Spanish is highly recommended before participating in the project to maximize your influence at the Centers.
- Age: Volunteers should be at least 18 years of age, though exceptions can be made for families, high school groups, or mature young adults with experience in childcare. There is no maximum age limit.
-Language: A basic level of Spanish is important to be able to make a significant contribution to the project.
Cost in US$:
From 469 USD
- Written materials pre-departure
- Registration fees
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
- Airport pick-up service from the airport to accommodations in Quito (one way).
- In-country informational workshop to highlight aspects of the project(s).
- In-country workshop upon arrival on safety and security tips and information, and a cultural introduction to Ecuador to help volunteers with the effects of culture shock.
- 24 / 7 contact in case of emergencies, health problems, or similar problems.
- Monitoring and regular check-ins during the volunteer program.
- Training Workshop and Orientation (mandatory for all volunteers).
- International phone call in our office in Quito to contact family.
- International phone calls and Internet service in our office in Quito in case of emergency.
- Local phone calls to landline numbers from our office in Quito.
- Pre-arrival information about activities around the country for the volunteer during his/her free time.
- Certificate of Participation when the volunteer has completed his/her volunteer program (upon request).
- Accommodation and food that is included in the program costs, 1-3 meals per day from Monday to Friday (depending on project and accommodation).
- Childcare & Children
- English Teaching
- Social Work
Volunteers that have all love to give our children, must endeavor to maintain a positive mental attitude throughout his/her placement, treat all of the materials that he/she uses during the placement with care, be respectful.
15 to 50 years old
This Program is open to
American, European, Canadian, Australian, Asian and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application