Beach Clean up and Habitat Restoration | Ecuador
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
all year through
* Volunteers are not required to have experience in veterinary care, though they are preferred. It is essential that volunteers have a love for animals, have a strong work ethic, have an interest in working in nature, and should not be afraid to get dirty. Volunteers with an interest in the environment and conservation are ideal, and they must be prepared for hard work and a roughing it lifestyle.
* Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. There is no maximum age limit.
Cost in US$:
From 455 USD
- Registration fees
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
- Airport pick-up service from the airport to accommodations in Quito (one way).
- In-country informational workshop to highlight aspects of the project(s).
- In-country workshop upon arrival on safety and security tips and information, and a cultural introduction to Ecuador to help volunteers with the effects of culture shock.
- 24 / 7 contact in case of emergencies, health problems, or similar problems.
- Monitoring and regular check-ins during the volunteer program.
- Training Workshop and Orientation (mandatory for all volunteers).
- International phone call in our office in Quito to contact family.
- International phone calls and Internet service in our office in Quito in case of emergency.
- Local phone calls to landline numbers from our office in Quito.
- Pre-arrival information about activities around the country for the volunteer during his/her free time.
- Certificate of Participation when the volunteer has completed his/her volunteer program (upon request).
- Accommodation and food that is included in the program costs, 1-3 meals per day from Monday to Friday (depending on project and accommodation).
- Biological Research
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Development
- English Teaching
- Human Rights
Volunteers that want to explore new zones and like the adventure. They need to have a love for nature, they need to be adventurous, they need to have an interest in conserving and protecting the environment, they need to be willing to live in rustic conditions and most importantly be flexible and adaptable to the habitat that they will be living and working in.
at least 18
This Program is open to
Asian, Worldwide, Australian, Canadian, European and American Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2 or 4
Application Process Involves
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- Online Application
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Phone/Video Interview