The undergraduate Summer Research Program at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne) in Switzerland offers intensive hands-on research training. Come and discover the excitement and challenges of research in one of the labs in our 4 institutes: Brain Mind Institute, Institute of Bioengineering, Global Health Institute and the Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research. Fellowships provided.
On-line application will be available in mid-November 2013
Application deadline: January 31st, 2014.
The participants will:
* Gain hands-on research experience and training with exposure to cutting-edge research.
* Experience what it is like to be a member of a research community working at the forefront of science, medicine and biotechnology.
* Have the opportunity to apply what was learned in the classroom to understanding and solving actual research problems in the laboratory.
* Acquire a better understanding of the scientific process and the application of the knowledge gained from basic science research and state-of-the-art techniques to solve complex problems in biology and medicine.
* Improve their critical thinking skills, including learning how to evaluate scientific information, design experiments, formulate ideas and test hypotheses.
* Explore career opportunities in academia by experiencing the excitement, frustration, and challenges of scientific research and gain an insight into what a career in science entails.
* Prepare for future independent research projects and advanced research in graduate school.