Greece: Athinai (Athens)
Academic Year, Throughout the year
Any time, more than 4 months
The Dora Stratou Dance Theatre in Athens accepts trainees/interns in Informatics (Data Processing) or Website design.
* Trainees will contribute in building new and expanding existing websites.
* The Theatre is a large institution of international repute since 1953, unique in its kind in the world. It employs over 10 qualified persons in administration and has a permanent dance and music company of 75, assisted by one hundred volunteers. Its school has over 500 adult students.
* Trainees contribute also to the daily operation of the International Dance Council CID, the official world-wide organization for all forms of dance, with headquarters at UNESCO in Paris. The President's office in Athens maintains contacts with thousands of members in 150 countries. It provides information and guidance by phone, letter, fax, email, as well as through personal attendance to visiting members.
* Trainees have the opportunity to learn about managing a large productive institution in the arts, while working alongside its highly experienced staff. The list of activities is long and varied - see below or visit the websites. It includes performances, classes, workshops, lectures, field trips, international congresses, festivals, exhibitions, research, publications, archives etc.
* President of both organizations is Dr. Alkis Raftis, professor of management at the Universities of Patras and Paris, now retired. Trainees work under Ms. Ada Angeli, Executive Director, an economist.
Cultural Management Assistant
* Trainees must cover their travel and living expenses in Athens. They receive pocket money approximately 5 euros a day, increasing with performance.
* They must have a working knowledge of English or French; other languages are a plus, especially non-European languages.
* They must produce proof of coverage by their own insurance while in Greece.
* Trainees must be present in the Theatre premises at least 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. They must be present at cultural events taking place outside office hours, to provide assistance in organizing.
* Trainees assist in all the activities of the Theatre, and attend free of charge performances, classes, lectures, festivals, exhibitions, international congresses etc.
* The main objective is to aquire detailed knowledge about how the numerous activities are carried out, by working as assistants alongside its staff and carrying out various tasks.
* We are also interested in trainees assisting in costume maintenance.
* Period of training can be any time of the year, any duration over 3 months. The longer the stay the better.
* Requirement for application is a detailed CV (resume, bio, profile) including studies, experience, preferred type of work, photo etc. Once selected, proof of insurance.
* Trainees join the International Dance Council CID-UNESCO upon our nomination. As CID Members, they receive an additional certificate of training by CID, since our offices are also functioning as CID Executive Secretariat.
* For general information on living conditions, travel etc. contact the Greek Consulate, the Greek National Tourist Organisation, or the Greek Community in your city; their addresses can be found in the telephone directory or the Web.
Trainees get paid 5 EUR per day.
Independently or in Groups