Educating Children About Environment and African Wild Animals
The Daktari Bush School and Wildlife Orphanage is looking for volunteers to help with the care of orphaned animals and the management of interactive lessons about wildlife and the environment for underprivileged children. Every Monday, Daktari gathers a group of eight children in South Africa for a week-long environmental education. Volunteers become teachers to these children, providing them with the opportunity to learn about wildlife conservation and their heritage while encouraging them to interact with their surroundings and hopefully discover a passion for the environment.
1. Gain experience in teaching children in South Africa.
2. Take care of orphaned animals at the wildlife orphanage.
3. Get the chance to visit the African bush and go on safaris.
4. Become part of the Daktari family and enjoy a warm welcome.
5. Contribute to a good cause for the environment while helping children.
9-12 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 1-2 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Starts every saturday
* A minimum of 18 years old, unless accompanied by a parent/carer;
* Having a passion and love for animals;
* Be able to communicate in English.
** No specific skills are required. We need your enthusiasm and dynamism.
Cost in US$:
from 750 USD to 5580 USD
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
Program Fees Include:
These costs include:
* Transfer return from the Hoedspruit Airport to the project site
* 3 meals per day, tea, coffee, juice
* A trip to town each week
* A donation to the project
* Training and supervision
These costs do not include:
* Travel to and from Hoedspruit, South Africa
* Passport / visa
* Travel insurance, which is compulsory for all participants and a cancellation insurance
* Personal expenses such as telephone bills, Internet, souvenirs, etc.
* Any excursions undertaken by the volunteer
- Animal Welfare
- English Teaching
- Natural Resources
A person dynamic who like teaching children, wildlife and outdoor activities.
from 18 to 77
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of between 4 and 8
Application Process Involves
Typically The Application Process Time is