Educating Children About Environment and African Wild Animals
DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage is a non profit company located on a private game reserve in South Africa near the Kruger National Park.
The mission of DAKTARI is to educate underprivileged children to care for the environment through the medium of a wildlife orphanage.
Every Monday DAKTARI welcomes a group of eight local children for one week of environmental education. The volunteers become teachers then provide these children the opportunity to learn about wildlife, conservation and their heritage, encouraging them to interact with their surroundings and hopefully discover a passion for their environment.
DAKTARI needs volunteers to help with interactive lessons and to take care of the orphaned animals. By becoming involved as a volunteer, you are supporting the local community by helping DAKTARI achieve financial self-sustainability whilst attributing to the surrounding wildlife and culture.
Anybody loving children and animals can be part of the project. Bring your enthusiasm!
You will participate in a life enriching experience and in a holiday which makes a meaningful contribution, not only to the many children who come to DAKTARI, but also to the many animals which need constant care.
1. Get an experience in teaching children
2. Be able to take care of orphaned wild animals
3. Have the opportunity to visit the surrounding and go on safaris
4. Be part of the DAKTARI family and enjoy their warm welcome
5. Contribute to a good cause for the environment including wildlife and conservation while helping children