Czech Hospital Placements Program Header Image Czech Hospital Placements Program Header Image

Medical Shadowing in Neurosurgery for Gap Year Students

Perfect shadowing experience

I will never forget the first time when I saw the brain tumor removal. It was a life changing experience that provided me with excitement for pursuing the career in neurosurgery. I chose the neurosurgery placement with Czech Hospital Placements Program to discover if this path is the right choice for me. I felt so nervous on my first day in the departments when doctor Blaha picked me up. I read about him that he was working in the US and Australia so we had something to chat about from the first moment on. I wish I would spent there another week and see the Cardiovacular surgery placement as other students were really excited about it as well. Overall the experience is very well planned. The staff, the accommodation and leisure time activities were perfect. All of the people I met in the hospital were friendly and helpful. Prague and the little cafés all around the city were a perfect place to have a rest. I enjoyed my week so much I only wish I could have stayed longer. But I decided to come back and stay in touch with my mentors and new friends I've met.