CW Latin America /Connecting Worlds Argentina Header Image CW Latin America /Connecting Worlds Argentina Header Image

TEFL Internship in Argentina/ Only 10 spots remaining!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Teaching English in San Javier, Santa Fe, Argentina

Thanks to Connecting Worlds Argentina, I was privileged to have a fantastic experience teaching English this summer. My placement, in a small city of 20,000, enabled me to truly integrate into the community, and to experience the wonder of life in rural Argentina. My CW coordinator was consistently accessible and was of great assistance before, during and after my internship, and my experience would not have been nearly as positive without her. Upon my arrival in Buenos Aires, CW provided me with an informative orientation tailored specifically for San Javier, and I arrived to my host city informed and prepared regarding the culture, dialect and geography of NE Argentina.

Upon my arrival in San Javier, I was welcomed by my wonderful supervisor who devoted en entire weekend to helping me familiarize myself with my new home for the next three months. About 15 minutes into my first day of teaching, I accomplished my primary objective for having embarked on this experience: to determine if teaching is my life's calling, and thanks to this experience, I can definitively say that it is. During my teaching experience, I had a wonderful teacher supervisor/mentor, energetic and passionate students of all ages and a charming community which taught me more about myself, Spanish and life in general than I could have ever thought possible, and I returned to the US more competent, mature and prepared thanks entirely to this experience. In short, I cannot recommend Connecting Worlds strongly enough, and I will most certainly use them for my next experience abroad.

• CW Latin America /Connecting Worlds Argentina responded to this review September 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Chris! We're glad you got so much from the program (we know your students did as well!). We hope you'll continue to spread the word about teach opportunities and build upon your international educational experience in the years ahead!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Go to Argentina

I still reflect very happily on my time in Argentina and I am so glad I decided to do it, and I am especially thankful to Connecting Worlds for making me feel comfortable throughout my program. I taught English for 4 months in a private school in a seaside town called Mar del Plata. As it was my first time teaching I prepared a presentation which I prepared to all the classes of a variety of ages and skill, which made for a challenging but exciting experience, followed by a range of different types of general and specific classes as I gained confidence. Everyone was fascinated to listen to my accent and hear about my life in England. I was given all the support and encouragement I needed by the teaching coordinators, and everyone was so friendly and energetic that I enjoyed every minute.

I was lucky to live with a very kind family throughout my stay who showed me the typical Argentinian hospitality, I will never forget the countless lively dinner conversations we had which I just about managed to keep up with after 4 months, and to intimately experience and learn from such a passionate culture was one of the highlights of the program. I was also really impressed with the social events that our co-ordinator in Mar del Plata organised which enabled me to meet lots of amazing people who made me feel welcome in the city, helped me learn the language and the culture, and made it such an enjoyable experience.

My advice to someone thinking of joining a Teaching English Abroad Program is if you have an open mind and the time and money necessary, then do it. Any worries or nerves you have about taking on such a daunting experience are nothing compared to the new rewarding perspectives and values you will take away from it. Regarding the Argentina program I can highly recommend Connecting Worlds who looked after me personally and offered a fair and fulfilling program. I should add that as the program was quite new when I signed up, the level of teaching I would be giving and the host family I would be staying with was subject to change, so I would advise asking lots of questions to make sure you understand what to expect, but as long as you are driven to get the most out of the experience as you can and keep an open mind I can recommend choosing this program.

• CW Latin America /Connecting Worlds Argentina responded to this review September 16, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for the review Ben! So glad you've felt supported and that everything is going well! Hope you continue to enjoy your travels and we look forward to being in touch! Cristina (CW Latin America)