Essential Academic Qualifications
Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a similar discipline
- In-country orientation/Training
- Living stipend
- Medical insurance
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
Fundraising: We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise USD 2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
- Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- Strong writing, editing, and communications skills; experience in developing print and digital communications materials.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as ability to work under pressure.
- Sound working knowledge of digital and social media.
- Person with creativity, sound judgement and ability to work both independently and in a team.
- High level attention to detail and evidence of a superior work ethic.
Desirable Professional Background/Competencies
- Experience working in Latin America is an asset.
- Understanding /sensitivity to gender equality and social inclusion.
- Understanding of development issues in Latin America.
- Proficient in design programs such as Photoshop and InDesign.
- Community Development
- Public Health
- Youth Development
- Youth Ministry
The IYIP is designed to offer Canadian post-secondary graduates the opportunity to gain professional experience through international development work. The IYIP intern must: - Be post-secondary graduate; graduate of a degree or diploma program in a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or a CEGEP (Collège d'enseignement général et professionnel, Québec). The candidate who is enrolled in, but has not yet completed, post-secondary studies is not eligible; - Be between the age of 19 and 30 at the time of final selectio; - Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; - Be legally entitled to work in Canada and; - Have not previously participated in Global Affaires Canada’s IYIP.
This Program is open to
Canadian Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Individuals.
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application