The CUPA program approaches studying abroad in the exceptional multicultural background of Paris as an on-going and evolving immersion process. This process requires an active commitment from students and is enhanced by CUPA's personalized methodology and language mentoring. A mutually demanding and rewarding relationship exists between CUPA and its participants. It is based on interaction, dedication, and individual advising, as well as common values of respect, responsibility, and independence. A language pledge is signed by all participants for the duration of the program: students are required to speak only in French at CUPA, during all program-sponsored activities, and in their homestays. Students can choose to study in Paris for a semester or the entire academic year, or they may opt for the six-week long summer program..
The CUPA program's high standards are consistent with the exceptional caliber and potential of its students. Students are selected according to their individual profiles and their French language skills, and form a community of diverse, talented and motivated individuals. They are well-prepared intellectually and linguistically and seek an in-depth experience as well as a high-quality academic program during their semester, year, or summer in Paris.
Students should have at least five semesters of college-level French (or the equivalent) with a minimum grade of B+, and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA overall. Exceptions may made on a case-by-case basis upon thorough review.
- Individualized academic programs designed to meet the specific interests of each student.
- The most extensive range of course offerings available to study-abroad students in Paris.
- Special programs in the fine and performing arts and access to graduate-level seminars.
- Private language and methodology mentoring to reinforce the immersion experience.
- Excellent balance between independence and a strong support system.
- A stimulating cultural program combining tradition and innovation.
- A unique community of exceptional students dedicated to their learning experience.
- An advanced Summer Program for students who take immersion seriously.
Each student pursues a completely individualized course of study based on his or her interests and home school requirements. CUPA offers an extraordinary wealth of academic choices through numerous affiliations with higher education institutions in Paris. Program participants may matriculate directly into one, or several universities, along with the option to take one of a variety of CUPA in-house courses. Below is a list of the most popular institutions at which program participants choose to enroll. A full list is available on our website:
- Universite Paris-Sorbonne
- Universite Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3
- Universite Paris 8 - Saint Denis
- Universite Paris Ouest - Nanterre La Defense
- Universite Paris-Dauphine
- Universite Pierre et Marie Curie
- INALCO - Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales
- Ecole du Louvre
- ENS - Ecole Normale Superieure
- EHESS - Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales
- IRIS - Institut de Relations Internationales et Strategiques
CULTURAL OFFERINGS AND PROGRAM INCLUSIONS
- Overnight weekend trip to a destination such as Alsace, the Loire Valley, Lyon, Normandy, etc.
- A full-day excursion or other full-day activity such as Fontainbleau, Giverny, Reims, etc.
- Informal gatherings held at CUPA with French students
- Visits and walking tours of Paris during the Orientation period
- Program dinners and social hours
- Tickets to the ballet, opera, dance and theatre performances
- Museum pass and Carte Louvre Jeunes
- Access to the Bibliotheque Nationale de France and other specialized libraries
- Paris transportation (Navigo) pass