12 rue Vavin Paris, 75006 France
Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer
Fall, Spring, Summer or Year
The Center for University Programs Abroad (CUPA) is an independent organization founded in New York in 1963 as the Center for Overseas Undergraduate Programs (COUP). CUPA has offices in Paris and the United States.
CUPA has chosen to focus on Paris and seeks to bring as genuine an experience as possible to its students. That is why, unlike most other study abroad programs, CUPA specializes in study abroad exclusively in Paris. CUPAs offices and classrooms are located in the heart of Montparnasse, on the Left Bank, close to the Luxembourg Gardens.
The program is conducted entirely in French, and there is no instruction in English. All students follow the advanced immersion program. While providing a home base and a comforting structure, CUPA sets itself apart from a certain type of American student community in Paris in that students are directly matriculated, do the same type of work as their French counterparts, and are strongly encouraged to participate in numerous activities in the Parisian context.
Achieving CUPA's mission requires:
- Keeping the program small to uphold the quality
- Considering the home university requirements
- Ongoing guidance and support on all academic levels
- Promotion of direct matriculation
- Perfect balance between academics, homestays and extra-curricular activities
- Learning from each year to improve the next
- True educators
- Academic integrity
- Mutual respect and consideration
- Respect for students diversity and privacy
- Safety and security
* Program of study tailor-made for each student
* Real academic challences in the atmosphere of a warm and welcoming program
* One-on-one advising and support from CUPA's large and supportive staff
* Dynamic program accomodating changing student needs and interests
* Broadest range of academic opportunities in Paris, including:
- Access to graduate seminars
- Special programs in Fine and Performing Arts
- Independent projects and Internships
* Extensive cultural and social programs
* Comprehensive orientation program facilitating cultural transition and integration
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
see web site
see web site
see web site under "awards"
CUPA provides a challenging and rigorous advanced-level immersion academic program in Paris for highly motivated students with open and inquisitive minds.