Cultural Vistas Header Image Cultural Vistas Header Image

Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program for Young Professionals (CBYX)

Awesome!

This program has far and away been the best thing I've ever participated in. It had everything I had asked for: good company, the opportunity to study and learn German, a chance to travel and visit historic locations and meet locals. I highly recommend this program.

Perfect balance of all things intercultural

The first two months of language classes provided a great base for getting to know the culture, the language and other people in my program. Living with a host family significantly improved my very basic level of German to a comfortable level of conversational German.

My the living situation for my permanent placement was not ideal because I had hoped to live with a host family again, not in an international dorm. However, the program emphasizes flexibility and I made the most of my situation. I made friends from across the globe and had plenty of independence and freedom.

My internship was perfect, as it gave me a great balance of German practice and immersion in a German workplace, while also giving me the experience to interact with plenty of international people in the volunteer work camps that I led.

Overall, EXCELLENT program to develop young professionalism and intercultural awareness!

Amazing Thing to Do Before College

I took my junior year of high school to do this program and it was the best choice I have ever made. I learned so much at a crucial age and found what I was interested in. My host family didn't work out but the best part was the culture, the CBYX meetings and students, and making friends from all over the world. Amazing life choice